Subject: Hebrew translation - 0x202A

From: Dominik Rehák <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 13:13:00 +0100

Hello,

I've found the 0x202A code point (LEFT-TO-RIGHT EMBEDDING) in the Hebrew
localization of PostgreSQL (src/bin/psql/po/he.po, line 974). Is it supposed to
be there or is it some kind of mistake? I know the character can be important
for correct rendering of Hebrew but I don't see the code point in other Hebrew
strings.

(This was reported by internal RHEL package gating scripts as a potential
security problem. I don't know enough about Hebrew to tell if this is correct.)

Regards,
Dominik

-- 
Dominik Rehák
Software Engineer
Red Hat Czech, s.r.o.

---

From: Michael Goldberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 00:25:47 +0300

Hello Dominik,

> security problem. I don't know enough about Hebrew to tell if this is

I'll be able to check it in the middle of August once I get back from
vacation.
Can you please share what PostgreSQL version did you check?

Thanks,
Michael Goldberg