Subject: branching time

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 09:38:01 +0200

I propose to branch off REL_15_STABLE from master (thus making master 
for PG16) approximately a week from today.

---

From: Pavlo Golub <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 11:00:32 +0200

> for PG16) approximately a week from today.

Sounds good to me.

---

From: Guillaume Lelarge <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 11:51:16 +0200

>> for PG16) approximately a week from today.
+1

-- 
Guillaume.

---

From: Domenico Sgarbossa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 09:54:26 +0000 (UTC)

Ok!
Domenico

Il mercoledì 12 aprile 2023 alle ore 11:51:33 CEST, Guillaume Lelarge <[email-masked]> ha scritto: 

Le mer. 12 avr. 2023 à 11:00, Pavlo Golub <[email-masked]> a écrit :
> 
> On Wed, Apr 12, 2023, 09:38 Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]> wrote:

+1 

-- 
Guillaume.

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2023 16:04:32 +0200

> for PG16) approximately a week from today.

This has been done.

---

From: Guillaume Lelarge <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2023 22:17:57 +0200

> > for PG16) approximately a week from today.
Thank you.

-- 
Guillaume.

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 20:07:09 +0200

PSA: there's a lot of translation percentages going heavily down in the
branch for v16, especially in pg_upgrade and libpq.  Many of those are
just changes in newlines.  It's very easy to update these automatically,
using the scripts from 2019:
https://postgr.es/m/[email-masked]

I suggest to first run Dennis' Python script over each file, then run
mine.  Dennis only changes single-line messages, but is able to remove
the 'fuzzy' marking; my approach can process multi-line messages, but
you need to remove the 'fuzzy' mark manually.

Some messages have lost *two* consecutive \n\n (in pg_upgrade).  For
those, you can modify my script to handle that case.  I didn't try, but
it should be easy.

This can save you quite a lot of manual work.

-- 
Álvaro Herrera        Breisgau, Deutschland  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
Si no sabes adonde vas, es muy probable que acabes en otra parte.

---

From: Domenico Sgarbossa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2023 09:48:40 +0000 (UTC)

Could we start to fix them right now?
I mean: are those files to be considered stable?

Il giovedì 11 maggio 2023 alle ore 20:07:19 CEST, Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]> ha scritto:

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2023 12:56:30 +0200

> I mean: are those files to be considered stable?

Yes, they are "stable" in that sense.  It is possible that a few more
strings are altered in the coming weeks, but there are not supposed to
be large changes anymore.  We're in feature freeze for v16 later this
year.

-- 
Álvaro Herrera         PostgreSQL Developer  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/

---

From: Domenico Sgarbossa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2023 13:14:01 +0000 (UTC)

ok, I updated those files for IT language
see them in attachment

Il venerdì 12 maggio 2023 alle ore 12:56:43 CEST, Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]> ha scritto:

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2023 10:21:25 +0200

> ok, I updated those files for IT language

What branch are these for?