Subject: Georgian translation - initial

From: Temuri Doghonadze <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 10:47:02 +0200

Hello,
Here are initial translation files for v15 and v14 in Georgian.
Hepefully, update will follow soon.

Temuri

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 15:15:32 +0200

> Hepefully, update will follow soon.

I have committed the v15 set for now.

We don't usually put entirely new translations into stable branches. 
But we could consider that at some point.  Let's work on the v15 first.

---

From: Temuri Doghonadze <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 15:46:02 +0200

Hi,

Sure, I still got a lot of work to do.
Thanks for submit.
Will come back once I'll have new files.

Temuri

---

From: Temuri Doghonadze <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 11:39:44 +0200

Hi,
Update for Georgian translation is here. Finished some, another 7% of
postgres.po is done.

P.S. My only question, which will negative answer anyways, but I have to ask.
Would it be possible to switch from "%s" style translations to
$0-$1-$n-like one?
It would give me opportunty to rearranle words in sentence to give it
more meaning.
I understand it's almost impossible, but anyways, is it even planned?

Temuri

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2022 16:36:31 +0200

> I understand it's almost impossible, but anyways, is it even planned?

You can use %n$s in the translation already, even if the original
strings don't do it.  For example, we do it to rearrange phrases in this
one:

msgid "operator family \"%s\" of access method %s is missing operator(s) for types %s and %s"
msgstr "el/los operador(es) para los tipos %3$s y %4$s faltan de la familia de operadores «%1$s» de método de acceso %2$s"

-- 
Álvaro Herrera               48°01'N 7°57'E  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/

---

From: Temuri Doghonadze <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2022 16:49:44 +0200

Hi!,
Now, that's beautiful!
Thank you for hint!

Temuri

---

From: Temuri Doghonadze <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2022 16:57:10 +0200

Quick question. How does it work with different types of output? Is
%Ns for "%s" only or does it apply to all kind of printf output?

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2022 21:54:45 +0200

> %Ns for "%s" only or does it apply to all kind of printf output?

It applies to all of them.  You need to match the type used for each
argument.  This is probably documented somewhere ... ah, right:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/nls-translator.html#id-1.10.7.2.6

Also, I think if you use the $ designator for any argument in a message,
then all arguments have to use it in that message.  This appears in the
printf(3) manpage, at least glibc's.

-- 
Álvaro Herrera         PostgreSQL Developer  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/

---

From: Temuri Doghonadze <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2022 22:13:46 +0200

Thans for info.

---

From: Temuri Doghonadze <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 15:43:56 +0200

Hello,
Here's another update for PostgreSQL 15 Georgian translation.

Temuri

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 07:04:53 +0200

> Here's another update for PostgreSQL 15 Georgian translation.

committed

---

From: Temuri Doghonadze <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 16:04:29 +0200

Hello,
Here's another update to Georgian translation, did my best to bring
all files (except postgres.po) to 80+% .
Since there are not much technical words in Georgian, I don't want to
go further for now, until I'll get clue how to translate remaining
files.

Including Ekaterine, since she's the only one (that I know) who can
help if there will be anything wrong and I'll be unavailable.

BR, Temuri

---

From: "Pavlo Golub" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 15:43:52 +0000

>go further for now, until I'll get clue how to translate remaining
If you have any difficulties during translation I would recommend to use 
Microsoft Terminology Search. It has a great vocabulary and not only for 
database terms, e.g.
"table" in Georgian would be:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/language/Search?&searchTerm=table&langID=350&Source=true&productid=0

---

From: Temuri Doghonadze <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 17:49:27 +0200

Hi,
it's not about wording, it's abut several words having the same
meaning in Georgian, to express it as simple as I can.
There are a lot of dictionaries which I use, but it's simple not
there, or has different meaning.

P.S. For some reason I somehow managed to buy poedit license, so MS
translate/dictionary are available. You don't want to know how much
nonsense it's putting on table..

Temuri

---

From: Temuri Doghonadze <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 13:04:57 +0200

@Pavlo Golub
Could you please add Georgian on crowdin PostgreSQL project page, so
I'll stop asking for uploading files every second week?

Temuri

---

From: Pavlo Golub <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 13:15:35 +0200

> I'll stop asking for uploading files every second week?

Sure, i can add it. But the thing is there is no automatic updates from
crowdin to babel still.

So the uploading task is still on the translator :-(

---

From: Temuri Doghonadze <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 13:17:45 +0200

no problem at all, will do.

On Sun, Aug 14, 2022 at 1:15 PM Pavlo Golub <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>
>
> On Sun, Aug 14, 2022, 13:05 Temuri Doghonadze <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> @Pavlo Golub
> Sure, i can add it. But the thing is there is no automatic updates from crowdin to babel still.
>

---

From: Temuri Doghonadze <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 07:32:57 +0200

@Alvaro Herrera Could you please submit files from prev. email, please?

Thanks.

Temuri

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 08:34:11 +0200

> @Alvaro Herrera Could you please submit files from prev. email, please?

Done.  I also updated the file headers, naming you as first translator,
and copying the "Language-Team: Georgian <nothing>" from your psql.po.
Do you want to find another email address to use as language team?  It
could be this list, [email-masked], if you don't
have anything better.

-- 
Álvaro Herrera        Breisgau, Deutschland  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"La persona que no quería pecar / estaba obligada a sentarse
 en duras y empinadas sillas    / desprovistas, por cierto
 de blandos atenuantes"                          (Patricio Vogel)

---

From: Temuri Doghonadze <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 08:38:07 +0200

Thanks. Yep, suggested email is OK.

Temuri

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 17:35:27 +0200

> Hepefully, update will follow soon.

Hello.  Did you have time for more?  Tomorrow the RC1 for 15 is tagged,
so if you have an update, this is a great time to submit it.

-- 
Álvaro Herrera         PostgreSQL Developer  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"La conclusión que podemos sacar de esos estudios es que
no podemos sacar ninguna conclusión de ellos" (Tanenbaum)

---

From: Temuri Doghonadze <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 19:21:34 +0200

Hello,
Here's latest update.

BR, Temuri

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 21:36:03 +0200

> Here's latest update.

Cool, thanks, applied.

---

From: Temuri Doghonadze <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 22:24:39 +0200

Hi,
I've applied latest pot files and made small corrections in files attached.
Sorry for inconvinence.

Temuri

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 08:54:24 +0200

committed

---

From: Temuri Doghonadze <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 20:13:39 +0200

Hello,
Here's complete translations for plpgsql.po, pg_upgrade.po and
pg_dump.po to Georgian

Temuri

---

From: Temuri Doghonadze <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 07:25:45 +0100

kind reminder :)

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 16:34:54 +0100

committed

---

From: Temuri Doghonadze <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 07:22:09 +0200

Hello,
Here's update for Georgian translation.

Temuri

---

From: Temuri Doghonadze <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2023 15:39:35 +0200

Hello,
Kind reminder.

Temuri

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 09:41:07 +0200

committed

---

From: Temuri Doghonadze <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2023 10:54:13 +0200

Hi,
Here's translation update for master branch, Georgian language

Temuri

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 18:07:52 +0200

committed

---

From: Temuri Doghonadze <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2023 05:40:23 +0200

Hello,
I think on https://babel.postgresql.org/ master branch is no longer
synced with real po/pot files.
Very first initdb.po file has 189 lines, while .pot file has 189 lines
too, makes .po file 100% translated, but website shows it in yellow
anyway.
Could you please advise where to get updated pot/po files?

Thanks you in advance.

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2023 09:13:28 +0200

On 07.06.23 05:40, Temuri Doghonadze wrote:
> I think onhttps://babel.postgresql.org/  master branch is no longer

The reason for this is that the files on babel are processed so that 
they automatically adapt identical translation from other catalogs.  For 
example ka/plpython.po had a few new strings, but the same strings 
already have translations in ka/plperl.po, so the file you download 
already has those in it.  Then the file just needs to be committed.

To demonstrate this, I just downloaded ka/initdb.po and ka/plpython.po 
and committed them.  So when the processing is done, these two should be 
at 100%.

---

From: Temuri Doghonadze <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2023 14:57:14 +0200

Hello,
Thanks for explanation.
Here's another update for main branch.
BR, Temuri

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2023 14:47:11 +0200

committed

---

From: Temuri Doghonadze <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2023 10:07:57 +0200

Hello,
Here's another update of 16 branch.
Temuri

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 20:00:11 +0200

committed

---

From: Temuri Doghonadze <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 11:54:30 +0200

Hello,
Here's update for both 15 and 16 branches, Georgian translation.

Temuri

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 20:03:29 +0200

committed