Subject: Typo in Turkish translation

From: Heikki Linnakangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2024 00:05:29 +0200

$ git grep transcat
src/bin/psql/po/tr.po:msgstr "aktif transcation'ı iptal et"
src/bin/psql/po/tr.po:msgstr "geçerli transcation'ın karakteristiklerini 
ayarla"

These should be "transaction", right?

- Heikki

---

From: Holger Jakobs <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2024 23:16:25 +0100

Am 13.11.24 um 23:05 schrieb Heikki Linnakangas:
> src/bin/psql/po/tr.po:msgstr "geçerli transcation'ın 
> karakteristiklerini ayarla"
>
Yes, it's a typo. But "transaction" is clearly an English word, not a 
Turkish one.

Please ask some native speaker, but "transaksyon" or "işlem" seems more 
appropriate to me.

The accusative in the first string would be "transaksyonu" or "işlemi"

The genetive in the second string would then be "transaksyonun" or "işlemin"

The apostrophe between the word and the suffix is only to be used with 
names, not with proper nouns. Maybe someone used it because the foreign 
English word is regarded as some kind of name.

Kind Regards,

Holger

-- 

Holger Jakobs, Bergisch Gladbach

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2025 09:25:30 +0100

> These should be "transaction", right?

fixed