Subject: DNS: mirrors?

From: "Larry Rosenman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 15:33:06 -0600

Is this a problem?  Do I need to change my master?

Jan 20 15:18:30 lerami named[1409]: zone mirrors.postgresql.org/IN: refused
notify from non-master: 200.46.204.2#2867

-- 
Larry Rosenman                     http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: [email-masked]
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3893

---

From: "Magnus Hagander" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 23:45:17 +0100

> > Of these we have:
> > ns1.pgadmin.org and ns2.pgadmin.org - don't resolve at all. 
> Changed or 
> > should be removed?
> 
> Oops, changed today as it happens - sorry.
> 
> ns1.vale-housing.co.uk
> ns2.vale-housing.co.uk

Updated. Now verify fine.

Just Marc to go ;-)

//Magnus

---

From: "Magnus Hagander" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 09:51:35 +0100

> 'k, I can't see anything about ns1.pgadmin.org in teh zone file:
> 
> www             IN      CNAME   static.mirrors.postgresql.org.
> mirrors IN      NS      ns.hub.org.
> mirrors IN      NS      ns2.hub.org.
> mirrors IN      NS      ns3.hub.org.
> mirrors IN      NS      ns-1.sollentuna.net.
> mirrors IN      NS      ns-a.lerctr.org.
> mirrors IN      NS      ns-b.lerctr.org.
> 
> I'm obviously missing something here ...

Yup. That's not the actual zone, that's the glue records. You get the
zone by doing a NS query to the blind primary. They should always be in
sync, so don't change the glue records without having the zone updated.

The zone right now has (after I updated the NS records for the hub.org
ones that were incorrect):
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;mirrors.postgresql.org.                IN      NS

;; ANSWER SECTION:
mirrors.postgresql.org. 900     IN      NS      ns2.hub.org.
mirrors.postgresql.org. 900     IN      NS      ns2.vale-housing.co.uk.
mirrors.postgresql.org. 900     IN      NS      ns3.hub.org.
mirrors.postgresql.org. 900     IN      NS      ns-1.sollentuna.net.
mirrors.postgresql.org. 900     IN      NS      ns-a.lerctr.org.
mirrors.postgresql.org. 900     IN      NS      ns-b.lerctr.org.
mirrors.postgresql.org. 900     IN      NS      ns.hub.org.
mirrors.postgresql.org. 900     IN      NS      ns1.vale-housing.co.uk.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
ns.hub.org.             458120  IN      A       200.46.204.13
ns1.vale-housing.co.uk. 5356    IN      A       194.217.48.34
ns2.hub.org.            7756    IN      A       66.98.250.36
ns2.vale-housing.co.uk. 5356    IN      A       81.187.210.23
ns3.hub.org.            7756    IN      A       200.46.204.4
ns-1.sollentuna.net.    172756  IN      A       62.65.68.8
ns-a.lerctr.org.        86356   IN      A       192.147.25.11
ns-b.lerctr.org.        86356   IN      A       192.147.25.45

Please make sure your glue records match those.

//Magnus