Subject: New Event

From: [email-masked] (World Wide Web Owner)
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 13:14:34 -0300 (ADT)

A new entry has been added to the events database.

Database Admin: http://www.postgresql.org/admin/edit_event.php?217

Submitted by: [email-masked]
Event: HiT Allora adds support for PostgreSQL
Summary:

HiT Allora - http://www.hitsw.com/products_services/xmlplatform.html - the leading RDB-to-XML tranformation tool just added support for PostgreSQL.

Details:

Allora leverages leading edge XML mapping and database technology to give application developers bi-directional access to relational databases without the need for complex SQL or XSLT programming. Allora speeds development and deployment by accurately and transparently transforming data structures between XML elements/attributes and relational database structures. Once Allora mapping is in place, full bi-directional XML-RDB access is enabled. Allora gives developers a simplified, consistent XML interface to relational data. 
Download your copy today at http://www.hitsw.com/products_services/register/register_allora.html

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 09:21:11 -0700

Folks,

> HiT Allora - http://www.hitsw.com/products_services/xmlplatform.html - the
> leading RDB-to-XML tranformation tool just added support for PostgreSQL.

I met these people at LinuxWorld and suggested that they submit this to News.   
Before I tell them to re-submit as News and not an Event, is their 
announcement acceptable?

-- 
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 12:56:37 -0400 (EDT)

> Before I tell them to re-submit as News and not an Event, is their 

They might want to add text mentioning pg.  Right now it is only in the
title, and the text is pure marketing.  It needs some content.

-- 
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us
  [email-masked]               |  (610) 359-1001
  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 14:00:56 -0300 (ADT)

> Before I tell them to re-submit as News and not an Event, is their

IMHO, most definitely ... any existing product that adds support for us is 
definitely news worthy :)

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664