Subject: Re: New Event

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 08:14:07 -0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Bruce Momjian [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: 31 October 2003 01:21
> To: Dave Page
> Cc: World Wide Web Owner; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] New Event
> 
> 
> Would someone please update the date of this event to November 19th? 
> Thanks.

Someone already has by the look of it.

> Also, the Brazil events had a two-month timespan.  In the 
> future, I think we are better off putting the specific 
> training days rather than a long range like that.

The code only handles a start and end date. If we limit that, all I see
happening is dbExperts submitting lots of individual events. I don't
immediately see a sensible way of allowing a number of individual dates
to be submitted without vastly complicating the code.

Regards, Dave.

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 11:40:58 -0500 (EST)

> Someone already has by the look of it.

Not really --- I see a date in the detail, but not on the main page:
	
	PostgreSQL Talk in Philadelphia
-->	Date
	Posted by [email-masked]
	Bruce Momjian will be presenting an introductory talk about PostgreSQL
	at Drexel University in Philadelphia.

Perhaps this is because it is only a single day.

> to be submitted without vastly complicating the code.

Oh, OK.  I thought it was just an event in September and another in
November and they just put in one entry.  Is there enough interest that
they have a two-month event?

-- 
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us
  [email-masked]               |  (610) 359-1001
  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 11:45:38 -0500 (EST)

> they have a two-month event?

Also, the dbexperts text is duplicated in the detail:

dbExperts will be offering another set of classes on PostgreSQL in Sco
Paulo, Brazil. There will be Introductory, Basic and Advanced training,
and language-related classes, including PHP and Delphi. More information
and reservations on http://www.dbexperts.com.br/treinamento
--
dbExperts will be offering another set of classes on PostgreSQL in Sco
Paulo, Brazil. There will be Introductory, Basic and Advanced training,
and language-related classes, including PHP and Delphi. More information
and reservations on http://www.dbexperts.com.br/treinamento

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 11:46:35 -0500 (EST)

> they have a two-month event?

Wow, I see they do have lots of classes. Nice.

	http://www.dbexperts.com.br/treinamento