Subject: Re: [webmaster] Fw: Re: Fwd: Mirroring PostgreSQL.orgin Israel]

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 13:56:01 -0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Robert Treat [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: 05 November 2003 13:23
> To: Dave Page
> Cc: Aric Fedida; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [webmaster] Fw: Re: [pgsql-www] Fwd: Mirroring 
> PostgreSQL.orgin Israel]
> 
> Hey Dave,
> 
> I'm not seeing this listed in either the ftp or web mirror 
> pages. Is it that the mirror isn't active yet or that we 
> don't have an Israeli flag to make it display? 

Hi Robert,

Dunno why it's not showing (we do have a flag btw). There is only a www
site, but it's listing as never having rsync'd. This is normally caused
by rsync resolving the IP address of the rsync client and trying to
update the database with that rather than the IP address, but this
shouldn't be the case here because those Ips have no rdns.

Aric, have you fully rsync'd yet (I'm sure you did say already I just
can't find your email)?

Regards, Dave.

---

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 10:23:34 -0000

> From: Aric Fedida [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: 06 November 2003 00:14
> To: 'Robert Treat'; Dave Page
> Cc: [email-masked]
> PostgreSQL.org in Israel]
> 
> 
> I am actually using the mirror all the time. It's definitely active.
> Probably just hasn't been added yet.
> 
> 	Aric

Hi Aric,

I've been trying to figure out why the system hasn't activated your
mirror yet, and so far have drawn a blank. In a nutshell, the code looks
at the last time one of your rsync servers synced, and if it's within 48
hours, displays your mirror. It figures out when you rsync'd by parsing
the rsync logs and updating the timestamp appropriately. In this case
though, neither it or I have been able to find any activity from your
mirrors:

svr1# grep 192.115.107.99 rsync.0
svr1# grep 192.115.107.100 rsync.0
svr1# grep nsa.co.il rsync.0

I've done that over the last 3 days worth of logs and found nothing. Is
it possible that rsync might have logged you servers against a different
hostname?

Regards, Dave.