Subject: Re: Ready for release?

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 20:06:57 -0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Marc G. Fournier [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: 06 November 2003 18:15
> To: Dave Page
> Cc: Robert Treat; Josh Berkus; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] Ready for release?
> 
> 
> > When they are ready I can run them through the prog that 
> formats them.
> > Biggest problem now is that I'm in the middle of a big software 
> > rollout and my helldesk operator just broke his foot :-( Things are 
> > getting kinda hectic...
> 
> Is there a script that needs to be run for this, that I can 
> run when I do the release tar ball up?

Yes, a rather hastily hacked together C prog that will process and
insert into the DB, though I can't get to it right now as the swervers
seem to be innaccessible from here again (has happened a few times since
the colo moved btw). It may need some tweaking/massaging to get it to
run as required... Hopefully I can do it, it just depends on my
workload.

Regards, Dave.

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 12:18:47 -0800

Guys,

> run as required... Hopefully I can do it, it just depends on my

Looks like we might have an extra week ... bug in "Select for Update" recently 
patched.

-- 
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions
 San Francisco

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 23:44:45 -0400 (AST)

Assuming that you have a windows box over there (and anyone else as well),
can you install PingPlotter (the shareware version, not the freeware) and
run it again 200.46.204.1?  One of the thngs that the shareware version
does, that the freeware doesn't, is graphs on the bottom time when that IP
(the router) isn't accessible ... I'm curious as to how often it isn't
accessible, as well as some sort of indication of where along the path is
causing the problem ... if you could run it for a couple of days, and
email me a screenshot of it?