Subject: request for mailing list archive in mbox format

From: Oleg Bartunov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 23:24:01 +0300 (MSK)

Hi there,

is there any legal way to get mailing list archive on mbox format ?
We (me and Teodor) are working on new incarnation of fts.postgresql.org
It will be www.pgsql.ru, have multilanguage interface (russian, english),
and besides mailing list archive there will be search on postgresql related
sites (we already crawled about 27 sites).
We've got dedicated server
for this project and the only thing we need is the mailing list archive
in mbox format for initial loading. I didn't find any legal way to get
mailing list archives. I've sent several messages to Marc, but he seems
just ignored them :( and did reply only to Teodor's  email about
some security concern :) I could believe Marc is busy and dissapointed
but I see no reason to hide mailing list archives and hinder our work.
So, I'm asking if
somebody have mailing list archives in mbox format and what's legal way
to get access to them ? Do I need to write some application :-?
I think it's important to let people easy access to postgresql related
information.

	Regards,
		Oleg
_____________________________________________________________
Oleg Bartunov, sci.researcher, hostmaster of AstroNet,
Sternberg Astronomical Institute, Moscow University (Russia)
Internet: [email-masked], http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 16:56:34 -0400 (AST)

As I told Teodor when he email'd me about it, I have to do some work on
the main server, for security reasons, before I can give you access to the
archives ... once done, I will send Teodor the URL to use with rsync to
download them to the IP he provide me ...

This will most likely *not* happen until the new year, but will try and
get it done as early in the new year as possible (ie. first week in
January)

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003, Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 5: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?
>
>                http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs/FAQ.html
>

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 16:22:31 -0500

> download them to the IP he provide me ...

I think what Oleg was asking for at the moment was just a static
snapshot of the archives to get started with.  Could you get that data
to him somehow and then worry about rsync'ing later?

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Oleg Bartunov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 12:13:00 +0300 (MSK)

> get it done as early in the new year as possible (ie. first week in

I never suspect it'd require more than several minutes to configure
rsyncd :) You didn't answer what's the reason to hide mailing list archives.

	Regards,
		Oleg