Subject: Archives cleaned up ... but not regenerated yet ...

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 19:36:25 -0400 (AST)

'k, I just went through the .resource file for mhonarc and tried to clean
up everything that I could, as well as move everything possible out of the
msg's file itself and into include'd php files ... I'm still going through
and cleaning up some stuff, but take a look at:

http://archives.postgresql.org/dev

and let me know if something appears off ... I *think* I've covered off
the various suggests made (re: last-modified, noindex, "end of" html tags,
etc) ... but, I'm bound to have missed something ...

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 16:28:06 -0800

Marc,

> etc) ... but, I'm bound to have missed something ...

Hmmm .... what am I looking for?   Seems to work fine, so far.

-- 
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions
 San Francisco

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 20:36:31 -0400 (AST)

> Hmmm .... what am I looking for?   Seems to work fine, so far.

Those that have been complaining about "bugs" will know :)

ie. Oleg didn't like the last-modified date (should be posting date now)
    Dave wanted the noindex tags, which I think I've added where needed
    TomL always vetched at me to fix the end of tag html tags (ie. </LI>)

Its more the HTML side of things then the rendered that I'm working on
cleaning up ...

----

---

From: Oleg Bartunov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 16:12:38 +0300 (MSK)

Marc or Dave,

is there possibility to sort search results not by relevance, but date ?
Since there is no possibility to restrict date range, sometimes sorting
by date is much better ! For example,
try search 'better configuration options for sort memory' (january-febraury
thread) and you'll see very bad result list (this is also question to
aspseek ranking function !) even if you restrict mailing list to -hackers.

May be indices are out of date ?

	Oleg
On Sun, 1 Feb 2004, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 5: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?
>
>                http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs/FAQ.html
>

	Regards,
		Oleg
_____________________________________________________________
Oleg Bartunov, sci.researcher, hostmaster of AstroNet,
Sternberg Astronomical Institute, Moscow University (Russia)
Internet: [email-masked], http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 09:46:19 -0500

>     TomL always vetched at me to fix the end of tag html tags (ie. </LI>)

Well, on that front, http://archives.postgresql.org/dev/ renders fine in
Netscape 4.7, but the search-results page comes up dead blank (and has
for the past week or so).  I suppose it's ye same olde problem of
missing table end tags.

			regards, tom lane