Subject: Re: projects.postgresql.net

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 16:23:16 -0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Marc G. Fournier [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: 02 February 2004 15:48
> To: Tom Lane
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] projects.postgresql.net 
> 
> 
> We can use .org, it just means that its more difficult to 
> automate the process of setting up a new project, since DNS 
> would have to be modified for each new one ...

Not to mention that we may have problems if someone registers a project
in a generic name that we later want to use for some reason (for
example, someone starts a search engine project and simply calls it
'search').

I would vote to keep it all in it's own domain.

On that note though Marc, any thoughts on automatically adding such
sites to the indexer?

Regards, Dave.

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 12:29:56 -0400 (AST)

> On that note though Marc, any thoughts on automatically adding such

select 'http://' || project_name || '.postgresql.org' from project;

on the 186_gborg database? :)

then again, how does gborg know there is an 'external web site'?  we'd
want to set that anyway, and then you could pull in all external project
web sites semi-automatically ... ?

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664