Subject: Another update on 'portal'

From: Alexey Borzov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 14:07:31 +0300

Hi!

Uploaded another attempt:
http://oc.cs.msu.su/pgorg/    (trailing slash is REQUIRED)

Changes since last time:
* Docs are shown
* gettext() localisation works

The source can be d/led:
http://oc.cs.msu.su/pgorg.tar.gz

Main changes from the CVS version:
* HTML is now contained in the template files.
* Gettext is used for localization.
* Language-specific pages are now named page.html.{code}, this will 
allow Apache's content negotiation to work on static mirrors
* Code optimisations. CVS version did 2*N+1 queries to display the list 
of N news items, my version does 1 query.

See the example of template which is ready for localisation:
http://oc.cs.msu.su/pgorg/template/common.html

Main advantages (from my POW):
* Designers can work on HTML templates without touching anything else
* Translators may work on PO files and (static) HTML templates without 
touching anything else.
* Better suited for static mirrors.

Things to do yet:
* form handling
* admin interface

This version is about how far I want to go without Some Sort of 
Discussion and later Official Approval. I don't want to waste any more 
of my time if the current website is OK with The Important People of 
PostgreSQL and they just don't want to Bother Changing Anything.