Subject: development questions (was: Re: Another update on 'portal')

From: Alexey Borzov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 13:03:36 +0300

Hi!

Dave Page wrote:
> Now, let's get this straight. Polite please from now on, and if no-one
> responds to a message try a polite 'hey guys, I emailed but no one
> responded' message. Any further unpleasentness may result in an
> unsubscription.
> 
> Now, let's not discuss this any further and get back to developing the
> website in whatever free time we can find.

OK, thanks for another lesson in style.

Now back to developing:
1) Have you reviewed the changed 'portal' I posted?
2) Have you downloaded and reviewed the code?
3) What is your opinion? Are you ready to give me CVS access to pgweb and access 
to development server?
4) Is there any checklist for rolling out the "new" website?
5) Are you familiar with Jakob Nielsen's writings?
6) Do you know any professional web-designers?

---

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 15:20:33 -0000 (GMT)

> 1) Have you reviewed the changed 'portal' I posted?

Yes, as I said in my earler reply.

> 2) Have you downloaded and reviewed the code?

No, I have not had time - that is why I asked Andreas for his opinion.

> 3) What is your opinion? Are you ready to give me CVS access to pgweb
> and access  to development server?

No. CVS access and user accounts are only given to people following
continued good quality work over a period of time.
> 4) Is there any checklist for rolling out the "new" website?

No - that depends very much on what is required to rollout any new code.

> 5) Are you familiar with Jakob Nielsen's writings?

Nope.

> 6) Do you know any professional web-designers?

Yes. Why?

Regards, Dave.

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 14:09:00 -0400 (AST)

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004, Robert Treat wrote:

> Dave, I'm thinking we could probably put his code on a new virtual test
> domain, though I'd like to look through the code more before we get to that
> step, but it seems like a good next step...

In preparation for this, Alexey, is there anything that we need to have
installed?  Specific modules that will be needed?

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664