Subject: putting up modified 'portal'

From: Alexey Borzov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:02:56 +0300

Hi!

It seems to be a consensus here that I'm not respectable enough to be 
given access to CVS and/or servers. Fine with me, but as there *are* 
people interested in the changes I did, then someone else has to put 
them up.

Is there a person with a little bit of free time, access to pgweb CVS 
and development server to whom I can send the changed code? I'd suggest 
putting it on a separate branch in CVS to not break the current working 
code, the amount of changes done make it difficult to work without 
version control.

Thanks in advance.

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:10:30 -0400 (AST)

Post a URL of the patch to apply?  That one of us can download

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Alexey Borzov wrote:

> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 5: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?
>
>                http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs/FAQ.html
>

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

---

From: Alexey Borzov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 19:19:16 +0300

Hi!

> Post a URL of the patch to apply?  That one of us can download

The code that runs on
http://oc.cs.msu.su/pgorg/
can be downloaded from
http://oc.cs.msu.su/pgorg.tar.gz

Although there are some hacks there (as I don't have gborg database and 
can't run the code from website's root) and a lot of commented out code. 
  I'll probably prepare a cleaner version tomorrow or a day after this.

---

From: Alexey Borzov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 23:15:35 +0300

Hi!

Andreas Grabmüller wrote:
> I've now applied your new code (please note I have not changed anything so your hacks do still exist).

Ouch. I didn't realise there were that many unnecessary files in the archive I 
posted, sorry. :]

Right now I'm working with Marc on putting up this code on a dev server, when it 
finally works it will be a much cleaner and hack-free version.

> However, I don't think it makes much sense to work this way. As it seems we can't give Alexey access to only one single module, what about creating a new project on gborg (postgresql.org 3.0 or something like that) where we can play without affecting anything on the current website?

That would be great.