Subject: Re: [webmaster] online demonstration against EU Software Patents

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 20:10:38 +0100

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jama Poulsen [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: 09 April 2004 16:19
> Subject: [webmaster] online demonstration against EU Software Patents
> 
> Dear webmasters,
> 
> Could you follow the example of the GNU.org and KDE.org 
> project websites (among many others) to make visitors of your 
> projects website aware of the large resistance against EU 
> software patents, and the upcoming protest in Brussels on April 14/15?
> 
> More information can be found here: http://demo.ffii.org/online.php

Hi Jama,

I've added one of the banners to the PostgreSQL site - it should appear
following the next site build on the main site, and within 24 hours or
so on the mirrors. The pgadmin.org site should also be sporting it
before too long...

Regards, Dave.

---

From: Justin Clift <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 10:55:08 +0800

Dave Page wrote:
<snip>
> so on the mirrors. The pgadmin.org site should also be sporting it

Hi Dave,

Would it be ok for us to do something more prominent?  Preferably 
copy-n-paste the KDE page's warning to the top of the PG homepage, just 
above the News and Events.

Ensuring patent coverage isn't widened is in the direct interests of 
PostgreSQL.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> Regards, Dave.
> 
> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your
>       joining column's datatypes do not match