Subject: Map of Postgresql Users (OT)

From: Claire McLister <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 11:47:42 -0700

Hi,

  We've developed an automatic email mapping capability from Google Maps 
API.

  To try it out, we mapped origins of emails to this group from October 
2, 2005 2 pm (EST) through October 14th, 9 am (EST).

The result of this map is at:  
http://www.zeesource.net/maps/map.do?group=456

  Would like to hear what you think of it.

  Best wishes

Claire

  --
  Claire McLister                        [email-masked]
  1684 Nightingale Avenue     Suite 201
  Sunnyvale, CA 94087            408-733-2737(fax)

                      http://www.zeesource.net

---

From: Arthur Hoogervorst <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 16:15:15 -0300

Hi,

Pretty neat: I'm glad I'm not on that map!

Regards,

Arthur

On 10/24/05, Claire McLister <[email-masked]> wrote:
> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend
>

---

From: Claire McLister <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 13:43:28 -0700

I'm not sure if you show up in the wrong place, but you do show up in 
Mountain View, California.

(To see that type 'hooger' next to the 'Name' filter above the map and 
click on 'Filter'.

Claire

---

From: Brent Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 10:28:54 +1300 (NZDT)

>   Would like to hear what you think of it.

How about using Postgres/PostGIS & UMN mapserver for a fully Open Source
software & Postgres based map?

For a map like the one at
http://www.qgis.org/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=53

perhaps on the Postgres web site?

Brent Wood

---

From: Claire McLister <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 09:11:33 -0700

Thanks.

I looked at the Mapserver maps, and at first glance it seems Google 
Maps API provides better map images and more interactive features 
(zooming, panning, JS popups, satellite/map views, etc.)

So, what would be the advantage of Mapserver apart from it being based 
on Open Source?

We use Postgresql server to store the data. Currently, we do not use 
PostGIS as we do not do much geographical queries. Over time we could 
move in that direction to offer better geographical query support.

Posting this (or a more detailed map) on the Postgresql web site sounds 
like a great idea. We could even allow people to add markers for their 
locations, and even enter more information about themselves to help  
postgresql users connect with each other. One potential opportunity is 
for users to quickly find consultants in their own area.

How would we initiate this activity?

Best wishes

Claire

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Oct 2005 17:33:51 -0400

Actually I have already made a basic google map for the website[1] meant
to replace the old developers map. Check out the blog post at
http://people.planetpostgresql.org/xzilla/index.php?/archives/76-Maptastic.html

I'd be interested in talking more about getting more content into the
map and getting it in officially; One concern I had was finding a way to
include information that won't bog down end users with too much data.
(I've noticed large numbers of points tend to do that)

Robert Treat

-- 
Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

---

From: Brent Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:01:29 +1300 (NZDT)

> So, what would be the advantage of Mapserver apart from it being based

More vector datasets to overlay & more control of the output map. For
example in New Zealand, we have access to higher resolution imagery than
google maps, as well as detailed vector data.

But I also think it could make a nice showcase for an Open Soure suite,
with Postgres, PostGIS, GEOS, GDAL/OGR, Proj4, Mapserver, using global &
local datasets, etc.

> How would we initiate this activity?

I'll forward this to a few people in the Open Source web mapping community
who may be able to assist.

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 19:37:55 -0400 (EDT)

> (I've noticed large numbers of points tend to do that)

I do like the fact you pulled the names off the emails as well as the
email addresses.  That is important.

-- 
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us
  [email-masked]               |  (610) 359-1001
  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

---

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:59:34 -0700

> email addresses.  That is important.

Is there a plugin I am missing to make this work in Firefox? I just get
a blank grey screen.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

-- 
The PostgreSQL Company - Command Prompt, Inc. 1.503.667.4564
PostgreSQL Replication, Consulting, Custom Development, 24x7 support
Managed Services, Shared and Dedicated Hosting
Co-Authors: plPHP, plPerlNG - http://www.commandprompt.com/

---

From: Claire McLister <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 07:29:30 -0700

Hi Joshua,

  No, you should not need a plugin. Can you open the Firefox Javascript 
console and see if you get errors in Javascript? The mapping relies 
heavily on Javascript and sometimes that gives errors. I just tried it 
on Firefox 1.0 and it showed up okay.

  Let me know if the problem persists and we can try to resolve it.

Claire

---

From: Claire McLister <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:17:29 -0700

I took a look at your map, this is great wonderful that you were  
already thinking along these lines.

Looks like there are two issues here: (1) Getting the data points for  
users/developers maps, and (2) using the most appropriate mapping  
technology.

I think we can use the Zeemaps service (http://www.zeemaps.com) for  
number (1) above. The way this works is that you create a map and set a  
few passwords: (a) moderator, (b) member, and (c) viewer. Using the  
moderator password, you can set certain map properties, e.g.,  
attributes to maintain with each entry, color legends, etc. With a  
member password you can modify entries and their attributes, and with a  
viewer password you can just see details without the ability to modify  
anything. A casual user can just see the map with the markers and their  
names, without access to any details for the entries. Hence  
distributing the member password to the group and having each person  
add his or her details would be a good way to go. The number of points  
for Postgresql users can, of course, go pretty high. So far, we have  
seen reasonable performance with up to 500-600 markers. I don't know if  
there is an easy way of partitioning the user base into segments that  
can fit within this range. Another idea would be to just split the map  
after say 500 points.

For the number (2) the choice seems to be between Google Maps vs.  
Mapserver and its associated Open Source tools. Having looked at  
Brent's follow up emails, it seems that Mapserver and associated  
toolkits can give much more flexibility.  Plus they have the advantage  
that we are not limited by Google's terms, the most annoying of which  
is that you cannot save, copy, or distribute the map images created.  
So, it seems best to move towards the Open Source alternatives,  
specially since they have better images as Brent points out. I've been  
looking at some of the Mapserver toolkits, and there seems to be an  
overwhelming amount of choice available for what to pick and not. So, I  
don't feel qualified to pick the right technologies to use for the base  
implementation. If someone can pick the mantle on that, I'd be happy to  
work with that person to see how we can exchange information from the  
map points stored from (1). If for the time being you feel comfortable  
continuing with Google Maps, then there's multiple ways we can share  
information developed by (1) through some kind of a web service API.

Claire

On Oct 25, 2005, at 2:33 PM, Robert Treat wrote:

> TIP 9: In versions below 8.0, the planner will ignore your desire to
>        choose an index scan if your joining column's datatypes do not
>        match

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 21:02:27 -0400

On Wednesday 26 October 2005 18:24, Claire McLister wrote:
> On Oct 26, 2005, at 2:08 PM, Brent Wood wrote:
> > There has recently been a thread on the Postgres user list about a web
> > based postgres user/developer map. Claire has built a Google map based
> > system, getting locations from IP addresses.
>
> Just so people know, this map can be found at:
>

I'm going to loop in a few more people here :-), namely the pg web team who 
will probably be able to give pointers on site integration. One thing to keep 
in mind is that the postgresql website is statically mirrored onto a number 
of different servers, so any solution we come up with will ideally allow 
itself to that. I believe a google maps system can do this (we can mirror the 
javascript code and the location/data file on all mirrors and the google map 
will work with it as is), which is why I originally went with that type of 
solution.

---

From: Claire McLister <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:21:14 -0700

Good point. This might actually be a problem. Google Maps API requires 
each server that is serving the map to be registered with Google, and 
send the corresponding key when making the Javascript request.

Unless the mirrors can each send their own keys, this will not work.

Claire

---

From: Arnulf Christl <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 12:44:11 +0200

> Unless the mirrors can each send their own keys, this will not work.

Hi, more cross posting...

Sounds like this task should be solved using WMS and WFS services. 
Google is cool but in order to foster both Open Source and standards 
(OGC) we would suggest to use e.g. MapServer as WMS to produce the maps 
and GeoServer as WFS to manage geomtries. Those OWS services could then 
be included in any OWS client, web interface, etc. Everything is there 
and ready to go, the effort to get it to run should be minimal.

Our clients usually operate PostgreSQL databases with several million 
geometries - those 500 to 600 markers could be hosted on any 
antediluvian box and still be fast. You will know what to about 
mirroring, we would probably suggest to implement P2P - read Ward 
Cunninghams ideas  int he keynote at the Wikimania conference this summer...

We have done the user mmapping Mapbender users with tooltips, direct 
link to the website, etc. You can have a look at it on the project 
homepage http://www.mapbender.org
Its done Wiki-style so that users can enter their own position (use the 
blue flag) or remove or edit any position (use the i-button). No user 
accounts yet but security and authentication is in place and have just 
not yet been necessary (still waiting for spatial spam...)

We will spread word about spatial data management using 
PostgreSQL/PostGIS with MapServer, GeoServer etc. at the 
http://www.opendbcon.net (database fundamentals) on Nov. 8. and 9. in 
Frankfurt/Main, Germany.

This idea is on short notice but i would be really very excited if i 
could show the map there! We suggest the following alterantive actions:

- It should be easy to add a geometry_column to the existing PostgreSQL 
database which alredy has the positions. Add a GeoServer WFS to access 
the geomtry and a MapServer for WMS display.
- Alternatively send Paolo or us or both the geo-positions and we add 
them to our existing OWS infrastructure (that will takt a few hours of 
work only).

Beause there is not so much time until the conference this would just be 
be a prototype which should in the long run move to the PostgreSQL or 
PostGIS homepage or Wiki or both. Yet another idea:  Mediawiki (the 
Wikipedia software) is also right now introducing geometries to the Wiki 
database - obviously also using PostgreSQL/PostGIS. This would be 
another cool multiplier.. and there we also meet with Google again.

Best, Arnulf.

> _______________________________________________
> Freegis-list mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://intevation.de/mailman/listinfo/freegis-list

---

From: Claire McLister <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 10:45:48 -0700

Arnulf,

  Thanks for your message. I looked at the mapbender site, and it looks 
like it has the basic functions except the password protection, which 
you will probably need at some point:-) The performance from here 
(California) was slow, and the map image did not look as good as 
Google's. I suppose we have better map images available?

  I could not find Cunninghams talk on P2P style wiki's, but seems to me 
that it would be too much work for a simple web page. Ideally, we'd 
just want to have a static map with possibly Javascript popups. That 
way, the performance can be good and the web site doesn't become that 
onerous that the pg www group kicks us out.

  So, a question to you and Palo: Can you generate such static map 
(along with Javascript code) from Mapserver?

Claire

On Oct 28, 2005, at 3:44 AM, Arnulf Christl wrote:

> Claire McLister wrote:
>> Good point. This might actually be a problem. Google Maps API 
>> requires each server that is serving the map to be registered with 
>> Google, and send the corresponding key when making the Javascript 
>> request.
> (OGC) we would suggest to use e.g. MapServer as WMS to produce the 
> maps and GeoServer as WFS to manage geomtries. Those OWS services 
> could then be included in any OWS client, web interface, etc. 
> Everything is there and ready to go, the effort to get it to run 
> should be minimal.
>
> Its done Wiki-style so that users can enter their own position (use 
> the blue flag) or remove or edit any position (use the i-button). No 
> user accounts yet but security and authentication is in place and have 
> just not yet been necessary (still waiting for spatial spam...)
>
> - It should be easy to add a geometry_column to the existing 
> PostgreSQL database which alredy has the positions. Add a GeoServer 
> WFS to access the geomtry and a MapServer for WMS display.
> Beause there is not so much time until the conference this would just 
> be be a prototype which should in the long run move to the PostgreSQL 
> or PostGIS homepage or Wiki or both. Yet another idea:  Mediawiki (the 
> Wikipedia software) is also right now introducing geometries to the 
> Wiki database - obviously also using PostgreSQL/PostGIS. This would be

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 18:09:46 -0400 (EDT)

FYI, here is a map of my PostgreSQL trips, using Google:

	http://candle.pha.pa.us/main/writings/map.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claire McLister wrote:
> TIP 3: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?
> 
>                http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq
>

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 21:47:17 -0400

On Friday 28 October 2005 06:44, Arnulf Christl wrote:
> Yet another idea:  Mediawiki (the

Wha? mediawiki is planning to use postgis with thier software? I'm currently 
working with some folks on a working port of wikimedia to postgresql 
(allowing things like transactions and full text searching all in the same 
database). That would certainly seem to dovetail into this... you have any 
links I could read up on the wikipedia/postgis effort on ?

---

From: [email-masked] (Jens Frank)
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 14:22:38 +0200

> links I could read up on the wikipedia/postgis effort on ?

There's nothing yet written down. There's some working code, and I'm
just improving it from "proof of concept" stage to pre-production level.
The code I'm working on is an extension to MediaWiki. It is independent
of the article storage. I'm sure storing everything in one DB would be
better from a design point of view, but it's easier for us to scale if
we keep things apart. Especially new features like these where we've no
idea about the performance impact.

If you're improving MediaWiki's Postgres support we'd of course be happy
to get your patches into the main code tree.

Regards,

JeLuF

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 11:11:00 -0500

Actually all of the mirrors (at least the official ones) work from the same 
url (www.postgresql.org), so in theory they should all be able to work from 
the same key.  I've yet to test this theory, but I do think it would work. 

Robert Treat

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 23:47:25 -0500 (EST)

Where are we on this?  Can we get it added to our web site?  Can we have
usernames added to the map?

---

From: Arnulf Christl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 08:30:26 +0100

> usernames added to the map?

Hi,
yes, both can be done. But our server and connectivity are sort of slow, 
so I was talking to some people whether they could host the services. 
This will take a few more days. Anybody interested in operating a 
spatial data infrastructure on stable servers (preferrably FreeBSD or 
some Linux) with good connectivity feel free to contact us.

Additionally we got lost in a few technical discussions about whether to 
implement the full scale service oriented standardized I-can-add-myself 
version using PostgreSQL with PostGIS (which I would really like to see 
as it promotes using PG as spatial data backend and also gives us GIS 
guys a chance to show off cool technology).

Claire favored an easy-to-use google-maps approach which would mean less 
effort getting to run (they have it all up and running) but less 
compatibility and unsolved copyright issues regarding the background maps.

Give us a few more days, by the weekend I will post a link so that 
people can have a look at it. The link will ship with a list of which 
software is being used and how it is configured. Ideally someone "near" 
the PostgreSQL homepage could operate the service (we GIS folks never 
stop considering spatial proximity).

What has to be done anyway is collect the coordinates of the users. It 
would be nice to not start off with a blank map. We can provide some 20 
users in Germany (most of them spatial). Either the name of a city or 
the decimal degree coordinates of the position will do.

Best, Arnulf.

---

From: Paolo Cavallini <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 08:38:23 +0100

please let us know if we can be useful. what we can bring in is a nice yet 
simple interface by Armin Burger we're helping to develop. See e.g.:
http://www.fauna.regione.toscana.it/pmapper/
All the best.
pc

> > usernames added to the map?
...
-- 
Paolo Cavallini
email+jabber: [email-masked]
www.faunalia.it
Piazza Garibaldi 5 - 56025 Pontedera (PI), Italy   Tel: (+39)348-3801953

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: 07 Dec 2005 09:35:59 -0500

> some Linux) with good connectivity feel free to contact us.

I'm fairly certain we can drum up some server space once we're ready to
host this for the postgresql site. For now even slow connectivity is
probably fine as it will only be a few people looking at it until we
finalize what we really need. 

> guys a chance to show off cool technology).

As a side note, we need folks to help out with the elephant database
monitoring project. That seems like an ideal project to help show off
postgis. http://pgfoundry.org/projects/wilddb/

> compatibility and unsolved copyright issues regarding the background maps.

Hmm...I thought this was all something that could be relatively easy to
solve. I think the main problem here was that I needed to test whether
the maps mirroring would work in the main site; I believe it would, but
this should probably be confirmed, and I haven't had time to get back to
it. The other side being that showing of postgis does have a nice
political upside that seems worth following up on. 

> stop considering spatial proximity).

Yes, the plan would be to integrate it fully into the postgresql web
infrastructure. We just need to figure out what that will take.  

> the decimal degree coordinates of the position will do.

I see this as sort of a secondary thing, but I already have coordinates
for most of the people listed on our developers page, so we can always
start with that. I'm not against the idea of plotting other points
though; we could have points for support companies, points for mailing
list users, do some type of frapper style sign up; but that's secondary.
The first step is figuring setting up a system to display the
coordinates, then we can add more knobs on how to get the coordinates.

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 10:03:35 -0500 (EST)

I like the idea that people can add themselves, but I also liked the
dynamic ability of seeing all email posters from the last few months. 
Can we have both?

Robert Treat wrote:
> TIP 1: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate
>        subscribe-nomail command to [email-masked] so that your
>        message can get through to the mailing list cleanly
>

---

From: Tino Wildenhain <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 16:13:59 +0100

> dynamic ability of seeing all email posters from the last few months. 
Well but who has a GPS-Header in his/her MUA?

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 10:27:23 -0500 (EST)

> Well but who has a GPS-Header in his/her MUA?

Well, I know someone did such a map by using the coordinates of their IP
address.  It wasn't perfect, but it was close for lots of people.

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: 07 Dec 2005 10:48:29 -0500

> address.  It wasn't perfect, but it was close for lots of people.

Yeah I think that's how we would do it. Could probably also do the same
for the website traffic too. Point being that we need to get the
infrastructure in place to do the mapping and then we should be able to
do several different schemes for getting input. 

Robert Treat

---

From: Claire McLister <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 08:30:14 -0800

Hi All,

  The only objection that I've heard to using Google maps is there  
are some 'copyright issues'. AFAIK, Google Maps come with a fairly  
liberal license. As long as you use it in a web application that is  
freely accessible to users, you are within their terms of use. The  
problem with other approaches was to get wide ranging map images.

  While it would be nice to showcase some of the other technologies,  
maybe we can get started on the map and move towards the showcase as  
the technologies and infrastructure becomes available.

  To kick things off, I have created a map for Postgresql users at:

    http://www.zeesource.net/maps/map.do?group=1122

  Go ahead and add yourself to the map with the password 'pgsql'. You  
can add entries to the map either by specifying a location  
information (address (US), city, state, and country) or just double  
click on a location.

  Use the color coding of Green -> Consultant, Red -> User, and  
Yellow -> developer.

  With this map, at least we'll start to collect the location  
information in one place. We do have an 'Export CSV' feature, so we  
can export this data to other maps and infrastructure as desired.

  Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Claire

On Dec 7, 2005, at 6:35 AM, Robert Treat wrote:

>>>>> requires
>>>> PostgreSQL
>>>>>> I'm going to loop in a few more people here :-), namely the pg  
>>>>>> web
>>>>>> team who
>>>>>> will probably be able to give pointers on site integration.  
>>>>>> One thing
>>>>>> to keep
>>>>>> in mind is that the postgresql website is statically mirrored  
>>>>>> onto a
>>>>>> number
>>>>>> itself to that. I believe a google maps system can do this (we  
>>>>>> can
>>>>>> mirror the
>>>>>> will work with it as is), which is why I originally went with  
>>>>>> that
>>>>>> type of
>>>>>> solution.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -- 
>>>>>> Robert Treat

---

From: Claire McLister <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 08:37:09 -0800

Yes, we do have an 'IP Map' capability to take the originating IP  
address of the email and try to map its location. While not always  
accurate, it does give a general sense of where the emails are coming  
from, so helps in understanding the geographical reach.

We mapped emails for messages to the pgsql-general list a while ago.  
The resulting map is at:

  We were waiting for someone from the pgsql-www team to tell us if  
they want to embed such maps on the Postgtresql.org web site.

Claire

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 12:20:14 -0500 (EST)

> they want to embed such maps on the Postgtresql.org web site.

Yes, very nice.  Can we have user names added to that, if they appeared
in the email?

---

From: Claire McLister <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 09:28:00 -0800

Thanks.

Some people raised privacy issues, so we try to give an indication of  
the email address without giving out too much more. We also do not  
store any other information from the email.

I think the concern was combining location information with other  
information. So, we are unable to add names with the entries :-(

Claire

On Dec 7, 2005, at 9:20 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 12:31:11 -0500 (EST)

> information. So, we are unable to add names with the entries :-(

If they posted to a public list, I don't see any privacy issues with
showing their name.  We could allow some to opt-out, but we don't even
offer that feature with our email archives, so I don't even see the
point of that.  Finding the location of the IP address is also public,
so I don't see the issue here.

---

From: Claire McLister <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 09:41:33 -0800

Technically there is no privacy issue, as all the information is  
indeed public. We did receive one threat (not from anyone on these  
email list, but another list) to damage our servers so I think we  
have to be careful.

Allowing a simple opt-out should solve this issue.

So, would you like to see another map of postings to pgsql-general?

Claire

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 12:44:27 -0500 (EST)

> So, would you like to see another map of postings to pgsql-general?

Yes.

---

From: Reid Thompson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 16:46:18 -0500

Claire McLister wrote:
> Hi All,
> 
>  The only objection that I've heard to using Google maps is there  are 
> some 'copyright issues'. AFAIK, Google Maps come with a fairly  liberal 
> license. As long as you use it in a web application that is  freely 
> accessible to users, you are within their terms of use. The  problem 
> with other approaches was to get wide ranging map images.
> 
> can add entries to the map either by specifying a location  information 
> (address (US), city, state, and country) or just double  click on a 
> location.
> 
>  Use the color coding of Green -> Consultant, Red -> User, and  Yellow 
> -> developer.

does developer mean postgresql developer( contributes code to the 
postgresql code base), or any developer that utilizes postgresql in 
their applications?

---

From: Claire McLister <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 13:50:44 -0800

Developer means postgresql developer (contributes code to postresql  
code base), otherwise the person is a 'User'.

I've changed the legend to say 'PG Developer' to make this clearer.

Let me know if you have alternate legend title suggestions.

---

From: Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:28:18 -0300

Can anybody tell me what is the member passord ?

Ezequias

Claire McLister wrote:

>> user accounts yet but security and authentication is in place and 
>> have just not yet been necessary (still waiting for spatial spam...)
>>
>> them to our existing OWS infrastructure (that will takt a few hours 
>> of work only).
>>
>> Wiki database - obviously also using PostgreSQL/PostGIS. This would 
>> be another cool multiplier.. and there we also meet with Google again.
>>
>> Best, Arnulf.
>>
>>
> postgis-users mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://postgis.refractions.net/mailman/listinfo/postgis-users
>

-- 
Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha
http://ezequiasrocha.blogspot.com
msn:[email-masked]

---

From: Arnulf Christl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 16:17:21 +0100

> dynamic ability of seeing all email posters from the last few months. 

Hi,
sorry for the cross post and delay. Here is a map interface demo where 
you can add your own information Wiki-style. This is a mock-up only. It 
makes exclusive use of Open Source components and freely available map 
services. We'd be glad to share this know-how and eventually move the 
whole thing to the PostgreSQL homepage servers. All data an locations 
that you add will not be lost so just go ahead.

The map interface is linked into the Mapbender Wiki to show how it might 
look like in a web site. Below the map you find a short description of 
the software behind the project and how it was set up.

http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/PostgreSQL_User_Map

To open the GUI in a separate window use this URL:

http://wms1.ccgis.de/mapbender22/frames/login.php?name=mb&password=mb&mb_user_myGui=postgresql_user_s

Log in with "mb" "mb" if you see a prompt (might happen if your browser 
hickups on the cookies).

Find an instruction on how to change the layout and features of the map 
interface (you might need to learn how to use it, its not intended for 
general click and go use). The admin-interface is also open Wiki style, 
we will check and clean it up every now and then.

http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/PG_User_Map_Administration_Interface

Best regards,
Arnulf.