Subject: Re: problem with david wheelers feed on planetpostgresql

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: 02 Dec 2005 11:30:14 -0500

On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 10:36, Robert Treat wrote:
> I've noticed that David Wheeler's blog postings are continuously
> incrementing in their posting date on planetpostgresql. This is keeping
> his blog post at the top of the page and bumping others below the fold.
> For example, I completely missed Chris's blog post on my$ql compat beta
> release. I've sent David an IM about this, but until it's fixed perhaps
> we should remove his feed from the page?
> 

I talked with David, seems we need to update the feed to
http://www.justatheory.com/index.rss10. I can't seem to remember how to
access that server :-(  so dropping this email so someone else can make
the switch. 

Robert Treat
-- 
Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

---

From: Devrim GUNDUZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 19:58:16 +0200 (EET)

Hi Robert,

> we should remove his feed from the page?

Thanks for the heads-up. I was aware of the problem, however I thought of 
a different thing :(

Anyway, he contacted with me a few minutes before (as you know). I've 
updated his blog url. Planet seems bright now :)

Cheers,
--
Devrim GUNDUZ
Kivi Bilişim Teknolojileri         -          http://www.kivi.com.tr
devrim~gunduz.org, devrim~PostgreSQL.org, devrim.gunduz~linux.org.tr
                       http://www.gunduz.org
>From [email-masked]  Fri Dec  2 14:01:47 2005
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 10:01:39 -0800
From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
To:  [email-masked]
Subject: Launching PostgreSQL KB Project Mark 2

Folks,

Jim Nasby, Gevik and I have been talking about launching a new Knowledge 
Base project, since the previous one sort of foundered short of 
implementation.  There are several corporate backers of PostgreSQL who 
would like to see such a thing up and running in the next 6 months or 
less, and are willing to put some resources behind it.

We're just starting to discuss requirements now.   We've set up a 
mailing list on Gevik's Kennisgres project:
http://pgfoundry.org/mail/admin/?group_id=1000145
... mostly because it was convenient; one of the things we'll be 
discussing is whether or not we will be using Gevik's Kennisgres code.

Anyway, if you are interested in designing/planning/contributing 
to/writing for a knowledge base for postgresql.org, please join us over 
there.  Once we have a set of funcitonal requirements and a plan, we'll 
drag it over here to get shot full of holes.

--Josh