Subject: Changes to archives.postgresql.org and search.postgresql.org

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 08:43:28 -0800

Hello,

I would like to see the following changes made to the respective sites:

archives.postgresql.org:

Show date in thread listing.

Right now a thread might look like this:

The science of optimization in practical terms? Joshua D. Drake
      * Re: The science of optimization in practical terms? Bernd Helmle
              * Re: The science of optimization in practical terms?
                Grzegorz Jaskiewicz
                      * Re: The science of optimization in practical
                        terms? Joshua D. Drake
                              * Re: The science of optimization in
                                practical terms? Robert Haas

However if it is the 4 page of the by date sort, I have no idea in the
month where I am. Chances are I know at least reasonably the date of the
post I am looking for.

search.postgresql.org:

Add the ability to search by keyword AND author. probably by email and
or name.

Joshua D. Drake

-- 
PostgreSQL - XMPP: [email-masked]
   Consulting, Development, Support, Training
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/
   The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 15:28:44 -0300

> month where I am. Chances are I know at least reasonably the date of the

Hmm.  I'll look into this (probably not today though).

-- 
Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/
PostgreSQL Replication, Consulting, Custom Development, 24x7 support

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 17:11:16 -0300

> >                                 practical terms? Robert Haas

I have changed this adding dates and times on the thread index, and
times on the date index.  How does it look now?

All times are GMT to avoid confusion.

-- 
Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/
The PostgreSQL Company - Command Prompt, Inc.

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 22:57:54 -0400

> times on the date index.  How does it look now?

Hey, don't get too excited.

---

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 18:28:57 -0700

> Hey, don't get too excited.

Sorry :) been a bit busy with that little conference thing I do. Its
over here: http://www.postgresqlconference.org/ .

It looks great btw. Thanks for making the changes.

Joshua D. Drake