Subject: Can we make pgsql-students ML public?

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 19:42:23 -0800

Folks,

I just noticed that pgsql-students isn't listed at /community/lists, which 
is probably why it's not used much.  Can we make it public?

-- 
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 00:07:30 -0500

> is probably why it's not used much.  Can we make it public?

I seem to recall that that list was created with the deliberate intention
that it not be public ... or am I confusing it with the abortive
pgsql-women proposal?  Anyway, please check the archives to see if this
wasn't intentional.

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:12:08 -0800

Tom,

> pgsql-women proposal?  Anyway, please check the archives to see if this

It was created mostly for SoC, and with attention of attracting students 
to PG after SoC 2006 was over.  Of course, we can't attract students if 
they can't find the list ...

--Josh Berkus