Subject: Community instance of PentaBarf?

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 16:16:59 -0700

WWW Team,

Pentabarf is the software which we used to schedule and book all three 
Canada conferences (Anniversary, pgCon1 and 2).  It's the most 
full-featured conference presentation management package available in OSS.

I'd like us to have an instance of PB installed on a community server so we 
can use it for pgDays and the like. Right now Selena is trying to hack up 
something in Drupal and it'll take a lot of work.  PB is Rails, so it's a 
bit of a resource hog, but does run on Postgres.  Can we do this?

-- 
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 21:50:39 -0300

Do you have someone that can set this up?  I can setup a VPS for them to work 
in, just say the word ...

- --On Tuesday, June 17, 2008 16:16:59 -0700 Josh Berkus <[email-masked]> 
wrote:

> Sent via pgsql-www mailing list ([email-masked])
> To make changes to your subscription:
> http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-www

- -- 
Marc G. Fournier        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A. (http://www.hub.org)
Email . [email-masked]                              MSN . [email-masked]
Yahoo . yscrappy               Skype: hub.org        ICQ . 7615664

---

From: "Gabriele Bartolini" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 08:57:15 +0200

Ciao Josh,

> full-featured conference presentation management package available in OSS.

Yes ... and a very hard one to install and configure. :)

> bit of a resource hog, but does run on Postgres.  Can we do this?

This is something that we really need. This would speed up the organisation
process for PG conferences worldwide, and also speed up the registration
process, as speakers information will be shared among events.

As Magnus later pointed out, we were just about to raise the issue again for
PGDay EU/IT.

Thanks,
Gabriele