Subject: PostgreSQL FAQ dead links and updates - Sections 1.4, 1.11, 2.3 and 4.18

From: "Curtis Gallant" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 18:10:14 -0400

While going through the PostgreSQL FAQ I found a few links that I
think should be updated:

Section 1.4 - pointing people to the pginstaller from pgfoundry for
win32 should no longer be encouraged as the native installers are on
the main repos now.

Section 1.4 - It should be
http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/Postgresql instead of
http://forge.novell.com/ as novells forge has been absorbed into their
wiki for a few months now.

Section 1.11 - the last of the tutorial links no longer exists and
should be removed.

Section 2.3 - should be updated to point to the new wiki location for
tech articles, http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Community_Guide_to_PostgreSQL_GUI_Tools
is the proper url for this section I believe.

Section 4.18 - should be updated to point to the new wiki location for
tech articles, http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Return_more_than_one_row_of_data_from_PL/pgSQL_functions
is the proper url for this section I believe.

Cheers,

---
Curtis Gallant

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 23:03:20 -0400 (EDT)

> win32 should no longer be encouraged as the native installers are on

Done.

> wiki for a few months now.

Done.

> Section 1.11 - the last of the tutorial links no longer exists and

I assume you mean this URL:

	http://mysite.verizon.net/Graeme_Birchall/id1.html

It just worked for me.

> is the proper url for this section I believe.

Done.

> is the proper url for this section I believe.

Done.

Sorry for the delay.

-- 
  Bruce Momjian  <[email-masked]>        http://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                             http://enterprisedb.com

  + If your life is a hard drive, Christ can be your backup. +

---

From: "Curtis Gallant" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 23:48:29 -0400

Thanks Bruce,

Also just noticed a couple more sections to cleanup that I missed in my
first pass;

Section 1.6 - needs a bump to 8.3.3 from 8.3.1.

Section 1.10 - has a link to the old tech docs site that is being redirected
to the main wiki page,
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Community_Generated_Articles%2C_Guides%2C_and_Documentationis
the proper url for this section I believe.

Section 3.4 - should include a link to
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/runtime-config-logging.htmlfor
ease of reference as most other sections include links to supporting
documentation.

Cheers,

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 11:03 PM, Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > tech articles,
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Community_Guide_to_PostgreSQL_GUI_Tools
> > tech articles,
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Return_more_than_one_row_of_data_from_PL/pgSQL_functions

-- 
---
Curtis Gallant
Consultant

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 23:55:21 -0400 (EDT)

> ease of reference as most other sections include links to supporting

Done, thanks.  (I trimmed off some extra words from the end of your
URLs.)