Subject: New News Entry

From: [email-masked] (World Wide Web Owner)
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 14:53:56 -0300 (ADT)

A new entry has been added to the news database.

Database Admin: http://www.postgresql.org/admin/edit_news.php?182

Submitted by: [email-masked]
Headline: plPHP RC1 is now available
Summary:

PL/PHP is a loadable procedural language that enables you to write PostgreSQL functions (store procedures) and triggers in the PHP programming language. It works with 7.3.x and 7.4.x.

Story:

It currently supports SPI, composite types, SetOf function, triggers, trusted, and untrusted modes.

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 22:24:16 +0200

> Headline: plPHP RC1 is now available

I notice that the PHP license contains this:

  3. The name "PHP" must not be used to endorse or promote products
     derived from this software without prior written permission. For
     written permission, please contact [email-masked].

  4. Products derived from this software may not be called "PHP", nor
     may "PHP" appear in their name, without prior written permission
     from [email-masked].  You may indicate that your software works in
     conjunction with PHP by saying "Foo for PHP" instead of calling
     it "PHP Foo" or "phpfoo"

Has such a permission been obtained?

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 17:01:44 -0700

Peter,

Word from Josh D:

Hello,

  I have sent a request to group however note that number 4 of the 
license does allow what we are doing. It states:

Products derived from this software may not be called "PHP", nor
may "PHP" appear in their name, without prior written permission
from [email-masked].  You may indicate that your software works in
conjunction with PHP by saying "Foo for PHP" instead of calling
it "PHP Foo" or "phpfoo"

plPHP is derived from PHP thus we can't call it PHPpl but plPHP should 
be o.k.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

-- 
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions
 San Francisco

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:30:43 -0700

Folks,

> Headline: plPHP RC1 is now available

Can someone approve this?  Thanks.

-- 
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

---

From: Devrim GUNDUZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 19:33:30 +0300 (EEST)

Hi,

> Can someone approve this?  Thanks.

Done.
-- 
Devrim GUNDUZ	       
devrim~gunduz.org				devrim.gunduz~linux.org.tr 
			http://www.TDMSoft.com
			http://www.gunduz.org