Subject: New News Entry

From: [email-masked] (World Wide Web Owner)
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 16:40:24 -0400 (AST)

A new entry has been added to the news database.

Database Admin: http://www.postgresql.org/admin/edit_news.php?164

Submitted by: [email-masked]
Headline: PostgreSQL 7.3.5 Update Released
Summary:

After several fixes were backpatches to the 7_3_STABLE branch, we have now
released a 7.3.5.

Story:

 As the list of Changes since 7.3.4 is quite small, they follow:
<p>
     * Force zero_damaged_pages to be on during recovery from WAL<br>
     * Prevent  some  obscure  cases  of  \"variable not in subplan target
       lists\"<br>
     * Force  stats  processes  to  detach  from  shared memory, ensuring
       cleaner shutdown<br>
     * Make PQescapeBytea and byteaout consistent with each other (Joe)<br>
     * Added missing SPI_finish() calls to get_tuple_of_interest() (Joe)<br>
     * Fix  for  possible foreign key violation when rule rewrites INSERT<br>
       (Jan)
     * Support qualified type names in PL/Tcl\'s spi_prepare command (Jan)<br>
     * Make  pg_dump  handle  a  procedural  language  handler located in
       pg_catalog<br>
     * Make  pg_dump  handle  cases  where a custom opclass is in another
       schema<br>
     * Make pg_dump dump binary-compatible casts correctly (Jan)<br>
     * Fix  insertion  of  expressions  containing  subqueries  into rule
       bodies<br>
     * Fix  incorrect  argument  processing  in  clusterdb  script (Anand
       Ranganathan)<br>
     * Fix problems with dropped columns in plpython triggers<br>
     * Repair  problems  with  to_char()  reading  past  end of its input
       string (Karel)<br>
     * Fix GB18030 mapping errors (Tatsuo)<br>
     * Fix  several problems with SSL error handling and asynchronous SSL
       I/O<br>
     * Remove  ability  to bind a list of values to a single parameter in
       JDBC (prevents possible SQL-injection attacks)<br>
     * Fix some errors in HAVE_INT64_TIMESTAMP code paths<br>
     * Fix  corner case for btree search in parallel with first root page
       split
<p>
This version, as with most minor versions, does not require a dump/reload
to put into place.
<p>
As always, this release is available on all our mirrors, on our
<a href=\"http://www.postgresql.org/mirrors-www.html\">Download Page</a>
<p>
And, thanks to David Fetter, it is also <a href=\"http://bt.postgresql.org\">available via BitTorrent</a>