Subject: old techdocs shut down

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 14:17:26 -0400 (AST)

g'day all ...

  Does anyone have any major issues with my shutting down techdocs and
moving it to the www.postgresql.org VM?  Or, at least, trying to ...
during the day on the 25th?  Most of it should be plug-n-play, but I
understand the Zope stuff might be problematic ...

  If its too short of notice, that's okay, I just figured that the
quietest day would be the 25th and would be safe to work with ...

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 21:35:27 -0500

> quietest day would be the 25th and would be safe to work with ...

The only issue I would have is that we need to make sure the zope stuff is 
working.  Actually, if you can get zope working, I'd be tempted to make the 
entire techdocs site into a wiki... but no sense in starting that discussion 
again... 

Robert Treat
-- 
Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 23:44:25 -0400 (AST)

Done ... don't know what the problem is/was, but I used rsync to copy over
/home/zope and /usr/local/www/zope (now
/usr/local/www/techdocs.postgresql.org/zope) over to the main WWW VM, and
started up zope ... started fine ...

then, I changed the apache config on the old techdocs VM so that instead
of the ReWrites pointing at 127.0.0.1, they point at www.postgresql.org,
and the guides seem to be coming up fine (tested with the PeerDirect one)
... have rsync'd over techdocs.postgresql.org itself to
/usr/local/www/techdocs.postgresql.org/www and changed the DNS to point
over there, which shouldn't take too long to propogate, as I had set the
TTL down to 300 this week for the gborg migration ...

Let me know if there are any problems ... I havcen't deleted the old VM
yet, nor shut it down so that any old DNS will still get somewhere ...

----