Subject: Link to Peter E's homepage in the 7.4.1 install file doesn't work

From: Justin Clift <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 11:47:13 +0800

Hi all,

Just downloaded v 7.4.1 and was reading through the INSTALL file.  It 
mentions needing to go to a page in Peter E's webspace (gettext.html) to 
get some NLS stuff, however this link provided doesn't work:

http://www.postgresql.org/~petere/gettext.html

Peter's webspace doesn't seem to be accessible at all through there, so 
maybe it's a missing alias in the Apache config?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 10:22:20 -0500

ISTM the domain should have been developer.postgresql.org, not www, but even 
still that page doesn't exist.... this looks like the potential replacement:

http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/nlsinfo/ 

Peter, maybe you can clarify this for us.

Robert Treat

On Sunday 28 December 2003 22:47, Justin Clift wrote:
> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your
>       joining column's datatypes do not match

-- 
Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 17:44:34 +0100

Robert Treat wrote:
> ISTM the domain should have been developer.postgresql.org, not www,
> but even still that page doesn't exist.... this looks like the
> potential replacement:
>

http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/bsd-gettext/

---

From: Justin Clift <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 10:10:52 +0800

> http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/bsd-gettext/

Ok, so what's the course of action here?

  + Update the website configuration to automatically re-direct to the 
new location
  + Update the PostgreSQL Source tarball to also point to the new 
location so that eventually we don't have to keep the re-direct in place

?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Jan 2004 20:10:09 -0500

> location so that eventually we don't have to keep the re-direct in place

IIRC Peter has updated the code to reflect this. Marc/Dave can we get a
report on the # of 404's being generated looking for the bad url? This
would tell us how urgent the problem is. 

Robert Treat

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 00:11:24 -0400 (AST)

svr1# grep petere access_log | grep " 404 " | wc -l
       6
svr1# gzcat access_log.0.gz | grep petere | grep " 404 " | wc -l
      10

that goes back to the 17th of Jan ... so doesn't look too critical ...

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Robert Treat wrote:

> TIP 1: subscribe and unsubscribe commands go to [email-masked]
>

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664