Subject: finally, attempt on 'portal' changes

From: Alexey Borzov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 00:07:46 +0300

Hi!

Well, turned out that I had time to flame on this list about the changes needed 
for 'portal' module, but didn't have time afterwards to actually implement them. :[

Finally managed to hack on the module a bit.

The results are here:
http://oc.cs.msu.su/pgorg/
(if page generation times look big, the box is a P2-200 :] )

The code can be downloaded:
http://oc.cs.msu.su/pgorg.tar.gz

Main changes:
* All HTML was taken out of the PHP, templates and static pages were moved from 
database to files
* The site now uses the template engine (HTML_Template_Sigma from PEAR)

You can view f.e. the "common" template here:
http://oc.cs.msu.su/pgorg/template/common.html

 From my POW, it is a *lot* easier to edit for designers than before. Also note 
the preparation for gettext usage.

There were also some optimizations done to the code, d/l it and see.

Stuff left to be done:
* Docs
* Language handling (pages like index.html.ru)

There is also a problem with database schema: all language fields are char(2), 
but languages in HTTP can be f.e. 'en-us'.

If the changes I did are approved, I'd like to get access to the CVS and dev. 
server to be able to continue the work there.

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 17:45:11 -0400 (AST)

> (if page generation times look big, the box is a P2-200 :] )

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

---

From: Alexey Borzov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 01:12:29 +0300

Hi!

> Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Er, looks like this happens when you omit the trailing slash after 'pgorg'. Some 
  mod_rewrite related weirdness... :[

If you add the slash, everything works.