Subject: postgresql logos

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: 03 Mar 2004 12:00:00 -0500

anyone know where this page went? http://www.pgsql.com/propaganda/

its now a broken link on techdocs, so i'd like to update it.

Robert Treat
-- 
Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 13:07:57 -0400 (AST)

should just be http://www.pgsql.com/propaganda.html ... Geoff spent the
past week cleaning up that site, as the old site was a nightmare and a
half to maintain (files including files including files, attempting to
create a templating system *sigh*) ...

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Robert Treat wrote:

> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 6: Have you searched our list archives?
>
>                http://archives.postgresql.org
>

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

---

From: David Costa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 18:08:11 +0100

> anyone know where this page went? http://www.pgsql.com/propaganda/
I think is at http://www.pgsql.com/propaganda.html

> its now a broken link on techdocs, so i'd like to update it.
Regards,
David Costa, PHP-PostgreSQL Advocacy team     http://dotgeek.org
david at postgresql ddoot org                 gurugeek att php dot net
$dsn = 'pgsql://world:most_advanced@localhost/open_source_database';

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 10:14:29 -0800

Guys,

> create a templating system *sigh*) ...

Hey, how much effort would it take to just pull all the logos over to our 
postgresql.org?     

Having it a pgsql.com confuses a lot of people ....

-- 
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 16:51:38 -0400 (AST)

> Hey, how much effort would it take to just pull all the logos over to our

I suggested doing that, but somehow thing it got lost in mailboxes :)

----

---

From: "Gavin M. Roy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 13:05:58 -0800

I had such a hard time finding good stuff to work with (ie the .ai 
files) for various stuff like cd-labels, that when I found them, I 
mirrored them.  Having an official artwork repository on the pgsql.org 
site would be a good thing imho

Gavin

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: 03 Mar 2004 16:19:44 -0500

> I suggested doing that, but somehow thing it got lost in mailboxes :)

I think it is definitely part of the plan, but right now I think we're
trying to limit adding new content to the site until we are finished
with the new code base that alexy and company are working on.

Robert Treat

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 19:42:08 -0400 (AST)

> with the new code base that alexy and company are working on.

quick and easy solution would be to just put the PoweredBy banner right on
the front page of the site ... the site is powered by PostgreSQL, no? :)

----