Subject: Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 17:05:27 -0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Alexey Borzov [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: 08 March 2004 17:03
> To: Dave Page
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] Update on 'portal' changes
> 
> 
> Speaking of which, what is the real reason for keeping the 
> current website and the "next-generation" one in one project?
> 
> Maybe a better approach would be to register a separate 
> project for the next-generation website (I think this was 
> already proposed here)?

Because the project is for all the websites, not just the one you are
working on.

We *have* created a separate CVS module which should be more than enough
segregation.

Regards, Dave.

---

From: Alexey Borzov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 20:11:25 +0300

Hi!

> Because the project is for all the websites, not just the one you are

OK, let's paraphrase: what is the reason for having one project for all websites 
instead of one project per website? I got the impression that *different* 
developers work on different websites...

> We *have* created a separate CVS module which should be more than enough

Can CVS write access be given for this module only?

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 09:45:48 -0800

Alexey,

> developers work on different websites...

Well, GForge/GBorg is seperate.  Techdocs should be generated by Bricolage.   
PGFoundation is apparently going to be seperate.  Advocacy should be going 
away as soon as the foundation gets its act together.   General Bits is 
hosted & adminned by Elein.   

What else is there?

-- 
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions
 San Francisco

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: 08 Mar 2004 18:16:48 -0500

> Well, GForge/GBorg is seperate.  Techdocs should be generated by Bricolage.  

speaking of do you have a status update on that?  a couple of weeks back
i mentioned doing an overhaul to the techdocs code in cvs and you said
not to bother since it was going away... well, it's still there, so can
I push forward with my cvs changes or are you pretty close to being
done?
 
> away as soon as the foundation gets its act together.   

Actually Advocacy is waiting on the next generation portal stuff... not
the foundation stuff. 

General Bits is 
> hosted & adminned by Elein.   

And it's a completely separate and independent site from the PostgreSQL
web teams sites... kind of like the plpgsql cookbook and oleg and
teodors fts search site. 

> What else is there?

"developer" which many are hoping to fold back into the main site once
the next generation portal is done. 

not to mention "archives" and search.... both of which should probably
be put under cvs at some point...

Robert Treat
-- 
Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL