Subject: Odd formatting in on-line docs

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 12:55:41 -0400

The online copies of the documentation misformat <programlisting>
constructs, indenting lines after the first.  For example at

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/sql-syntax.html#SQL-SYNTAX-LEXICAL

the three example SQL statements should all be indented the same.  Older
versions look the same, as do the "interactive" versions.  But the
developer version of the docs is fine:

http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/sql-syntax.html#SQL-SYNTAX-LEXICAL

I think this must be some weird interaction between the docs themselves
and the HTML wrapper that's put around them to make the online pages.
Can anyone diagnose this and fix it?

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:03:55 -0400 (EDT)

> Can anyone diagnose this and fix it?

Someone must have fixed it:

SELECT * FROM MY_TABLE;
UPDATE MY_TABLE SET A = 5;
INSERT INTO MY_TABLE VALUES (3, 'hi there');

It isn't indented like the developer docs, but it isn't misaligned.

-- 
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us
  [email-masked]               |  (610) 359-1001
  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073