Subject: pgfoundry and the win32 installer

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 02:45:29 -0400 (EDT)

Is Pgfoundry ready, performance-wise, for a beta that will reference a
Win32 installer hosted on Pgfounry?

-- 
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us
  [email-masked]               |  (610) 359-1001
  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 17:56:47 -0300 (ADT)

> Win32 installer hosted on Pgfounry?

Go for it ... its on the Dual-Xeon now ... its still not zippy, but its 
nowhere near as unresponsive as it was on the Dual-PIIIs ... when the new 
Dual-Athlon comes online, I'll try and remember to move that one over to 
it first, but even if I don't, it won't be more then a week before the 
Dual-Xeon itself loses a *whack* of VMs from it (all the database servers 
will be moving off of the Dual-Xeon server and onto their own server) ...

Michael hit a 'snag' on Thursday, so the server was delayed going out 
until Monday .. Tyan states on their web site that the motherboard we are 
using is 'Adaptec and Intel Zero Channel Ready' ... turns out the 'Intel' 
part was false advertising :(  They were able to exchange the Intel for 
Adaptec controller on Friday, so he's putting it through its paces this 
weekend with the Adaptec card in it, and plans to have her out on Monday 
...

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664