Subject: venus has risen ...

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 17:47:56 -0300 (ADT)

Boy, doesn't that sound like a spammy subject? :)

The new server was delivered today ... everything appears to be good with 
her, and she's in the rack ... Eduardo is currently installing the OS for 
me, so, in theory, I should be able to get in to start working on her 
later this evening ... so should be starting to move VMs over to her 
tomorrow afternoon (and all through the weekend) ...

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

---

From: "Michael T. Halligan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 13:58:03 -0700 (PDT)

Wow, today?  Why did it take so long?

> Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

-------------------
BitPusher, LLC
http://www.bitpusher.com/
1.888.9PUSHER
(415) 724.7998 - Mobile

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 18:32:53 -0300 (ADT)

> Wow, today?  Why did it take so long?

Well, it was supposed to arrive yesterday, but somehow it got returned 
'invalid address' :(  *scratch head*  Other then that, according to 
tracking, the route went something like SF -> Oakland -> SF -> Memphis -> 
Miami -> Panama City -> Customs -> Customs -> Customs -> Location

The server is now up and running, pingable as 'venus.hub.org' ... I'm 
doing an OS upgrade on her now, getting the second CPU up and everything 
... then the moves start :)

But, according to Eduardo, no problems with the shipping ... no damage to 
any of the shipping boxes or nothing (what a good investment *those* were 
*grin*) ...

Thanks Michael ...

----

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: 05 Aug 2004 18:00:22 -0400

> tomorrow afternoon (and all through the weekend) ...

Sounds good Marc, is there a schedule of which VM's will be moved when? 

Robert Treat
-- 
Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 21:07:12 -0300 (ADT)

> Sounds good Marc, is there a schedule of which VM's will be moved when?

Unfortunately, no ... I'm planning on getting svr1.postgresql.org over 
there tonight before I go to bed, and pgfoundry.org if I can manage it ... 
then all of hte VMs on pluto will be moved .. .basically, I have 
maintenance to do on the existing servers, so am going to 'clear them', do 
the maintenance (OS upgrades, some hardware changes) and then move stuff 
onto them ...

downtime, for the most part, is <5 minutes per VM, so most of the moves 
will be transparent ... some VMs, like svr1.postgresql.org, mght be a bit 
longer as its *alot* larger ...

----