Subject: What about changing developer site before 8.0.0?

From: Devrim GUNDUZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 00:09:30 +0300 (EEST)

Hi,

Last year, I intended to re-design developer site, but I could not finish 
it... :-(

Developer site needs a complete re-design, I believe. High percent of the 
info,etc is outdated ana page does not look  good.

Before releasing 8.0.0, I think developers deserve a new page.

What can we do for that? Does anyone on this list have time for that? I 
have some time for PHP coding, but I'm poor at visual design. If we can 
find one more coder+a designer, I believe that we can finish the site 
quickly  since there is not much content.

Comments?

Regards,
- -- 
Devrim GUNDUZ	       
devrim~gunduz.org				devrim.gunduz~linux.org.tr 
			http://www.tdmsoft.com
			http://www.gunduz.org

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:51:26 -0700

Devrim,

> info,etc is outdated ana page does not look  good.

I thought the developer site was supposed to get folded into the main site?

-- 
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 20:39:28 -0400

> I thought the developer site was supposed to get folded into the main site?

That was the plan, and I think I have a scheme for doing it... basically I see 
the main website breaking down into three catagories: about (advocacy), using 
(www) , development (developer).  Those three catagories would become the 
main toplevel links, along with top level links to 
download/documentation/mirrors/search.   Content would then be organized 
within those main three catagories as appropriate.   Of course the first step 
in any of this is getting the new code up so that we can actually start 
making site changes. 

-- 
Robert Treat
Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 23:10:15 -0300 (ADT)

> I thought the developer site was supposed to get folded into the main site?

can't be folded into it, unless you want to make the developers login to 
www to make updates to their pages :)

but, I can't see why we can't pull  in the 'non-developer edited' stuff 
with links to developer.postgresql.org/* for whatever is required over 
there ...

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664