Subject: archives.postgresql.org

From: John Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:36:12 +1000

Guys,

Now that archives has moved to commandprompt and changed layout, can we
please get the last-modified issue fixed, before I start the recrawl?

Without last-modified, order by date, and search with date limit, will
not work...

This of course will also be true for other engines, plus, they'll crawl
everything every time they visit instead of just changes...

Regards,

John

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:58:37 -0300 (ADT)

> please get the last-modified issue fixed, before I start the recrawl?

What's wrong with the last-modified date?  I checked it the other day, and 
it looked fine to me ...

Does it *have* to be a header() from php?  I thought the meta-tag was okay 
...

Let me know ...

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

---

From: Oleg Bartunov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 18:17:59 +0400 (MSD)

> What's wrong with the last-modified date?  I checked it the other day, and

you use <meta tag> for last-modified date, but crawlers does prefer more
standard way via http headers, as you once did using 'touch' hack
(what's wrong with it ?)

> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the unregister command
>     (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to [email-masked])
>

	Regards,
		Oleg
_____________________________________________________________
Oleg Bartunov, sci.researcher, hostmaster of AstroNet,
Sternberg Astronomical Institute, Moscow University (Russia)
Internet: [email-masked], http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 11:24:16 -0300 (ADT)

> standard way via http headers, as you once did using 'touch' hack

To be honest, I want to figure out how to do it off of Message Date 
properly, instead of time stamp of the file ... that way, if we have to 
regenerate, all the 'last-modified' do stay the same ...

----

---

From: Oleg Bartunov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 19:03:56 +0400 (MSD)

> regenerate, all the 'last-modified' do stay the same ...

You should teach server software (php scripts) which form page and send it
to browser to output also http header with know date of the message.
It should be available in php.

	Regards,
		Oleg

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:08:12 -0300 (ADT)

> It should be available in php.

It is, and we even have the code for it ... but, the way that I originally 
wrote the pages doesn't allow it to be done without a full re-write ... 
John did a nice job of the code itself ...

there is a way, with mhonarc, that I should be able to do it, similar to 
what John had written, which I'm working on right now ...

----