Subject: Google ads gripe

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 16:49:19 +0100

Hi guys,

I'm sure it's paying for some of the infrastructure, I'm slightly
concerned that virtually every page I visit on Gborg or Archives is
trying to sell me pgsqlmanager or some other commercial PostgreSQL
product, whilst all the ads for pgAdmin and other FOSS tools and
products are now gone.

Whilst I'm sure pgsqlmanager is all very nice, it does leave Open Source
tools somewhat out in the dark and will might well leave people thinking
that the DB server is free, but then we sting them for any tools.

Or is this just me being unfairly biased?

Regards, Dave

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 15:09:05 -0300 (ADT)

> Or is this just me being unfairly biased?

You being unfairly biased ... whenever I go, I see CommandPrompt as being 
the hosting solution *shrug*

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 14:14:01 -0400 (EDT)

> the hosting solution *shrug*

I kind of like the ads myself.  It shows project activity.

-- 
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us
  [email-masked]               |  (610) 359-1001
  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 15:33:54 -0300 (ADT)

> I kind of like the ads myself.  It shows project activity.

IMHO, it not only shows project activity, but it shows commercial 
involvement in the sense of support tools ...

----