Subject: Planet PostgreSQL

From: Devrim GUNDUZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 11:55:57 +0200 (EET)

Hi,

About 2-3 months ago I got planetpostgresql.org, just like planetapache, 
etc.

I'm planning to use the domain now, to collect all the PostgreSQL bloggers 
in one place. I'll use the planetplanet software at planetplanet.org for 
this purpose.

I have enough bw for it. If noone objects, I'll announce it on -general 
in 2-3 days.

Regards,
- --
Devrim GUNDUZ 
devrim~gunduz.org				devrim.gunduz~linux.org.tr
 			http://www.tdmsoft.com
 			http://www.gunduz.org

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 08:25:39 -0500

> I have enough bw for it. If noone objects, I'll announce it on -general

Do you want this to be something community maintained/integrated or do you 
plan on running this as something seperate from the community websites? 

-- 
Robert Treat
Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

---

From: Devrim GUNDUZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 15:43:52 +0200 (EET)

Hi,

> plan on running this as something seperate from the community websites?

Maybe sometime, after it becomes stable and after we can feed it with 
blogs of many people. I'm willing to assign that domain who's in -core, 
but not now.

We can integrate with community web sites, if you want. Just think General 
Bits. This will be same.

Regards,
- --
Devrim GUNDUZ

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 09:08:47 -0500

On Wednesday 03 November 2004 08:43, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
> > Do you want this to be something community maintained/integrated or do
> > you plan on running this as something seperate from the community
> > websites?
>

Well, probably best is to assign it to the foundation, but that can wait for 
sure. 

> We can integrate with community web sites, if you want. Just think General

Uh... General Bits is actually my example of a site that is not integrated 
into the community websites but is instead doing it's own thing.  Sites 
integrated into the community system should use the same/similar .css as the 
main www site (please no one choke on that statement, i realize none of our 
other sites do this), should have site admin email be 
[email-masked], maintainance be funneled through pgsql-www, not be 
integrated into some other company/project website, and potentially code put 
into gborg project page if there is code to be maintained.   Sites that dont 
fit this bill are general bits, postgis, tsearch2, and srapowergres for 
example.

---

From: Devrim GUNDUZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 16:19:48 +0200 (EET)

Hi,

> Well, probably best is to assign it to the foundation, but that can wait for

Yes, that's a better option.

> into the community websites but is instead doing it's own thing.

Ummm, my fault. What I meant was this:

"Like General Bits, this site will 'feed' from community, will have news 
from community."

But unlike from GB, it will be fed from blogs...

> Sites integrated into the community system should use the same/similar 
> .css as the main www site

None of other sites do this ;()

>(please no one choke on that statement, i  realize none of our other 
> sites do this),

:-D

> should have site admin email be [email-masked], maintainance 
> be funneled through pgsql-www, not be integrated into some other 
> company/project website, and potentially code put
> into gborg project page if there is code to be maintained.

Planet code has nearly nothing to be maintained: it just parses rss feeds, 
etc. We should make a template first, then sit back and relax :-)

I'm not against a maintenance through -www. But I just want hold her in my 
server until she grows up.

Cheers,
- --
Devrim GUNDUZ