Subject: Re: Mirror cleanup

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 11:44:34 -0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Robert Treat [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: 13 November 2004 06:18
> To: Dave Page
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] Mirror cleanup
> 
> On Thursday 11 November 2004 10:54, Dave Page wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I was intending to cleanup all the mirror sites. Anyone object if I 
> > delete every mirror that hasn't sync'd in, say, the last 3 months?
> >
> 
> Are you just deleting the ones that don't synch up or are you 
> planning on resequencing the remaining mirrors ?

I'm deleting those that clearly haven't sync'ed for a long time.
Renumbering is a whole different problem, because most have vhosts setup
for a specific hostname - only the newer ones are *.postgresql.org. I
forgot about that when I rehashed Vince's old code and we lost most of
the mirrors for a few days a couple of years back :-(

I'm also looking at rewriting the sync detection system to give much
better control over out of date or broken mirrors. I expect to be able
to add email warnings to tell admins (and us) that there is a problem,
and be able to detect broken ftp paths and vhost configs.

Regards, Dave.