Subject: bittorrent server down indefinitely

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 16:05:45 -0400 (AST)

Due to some work Dave and I are doing on the WWW server, I logged into the 
ftp/bittorrent server this morning to check over things ... the loadavg 
over there was at 54 ... I kill'd off the bittorrent processes, and it 
drop'd back down to 0.01 where it normally hangs (the server isn't being 
used for anything except one small web site, which is why Dave and I are 
shifting some www.* related stuff over there) ...

I've sent a note off to Joshua Drake asking him if he has some spare 
resources that we could set up the bittorrent stuff on, since it just 
involves an ftp mirror to run ... if anyone else has a spare server that 
we can use just for the bittorrent stuff, that would be most appreciated 
...

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:20:25 -0800

Marc,

> we can use just for the bittorrent stuff, that would be most appreciated

Actually, Dave Fetter is in charge of BT, probably should have asked him about 
the load factor before taking it off-line.

We have multiple hosting opportunities; I'm sure one of JD, Sean C, and Gavin 
Roy should be willing to host our bittorrent feed.   We need to get it up and 
running ASAP; if pginstaller isn't available via BT, then users are going to 
clobber pgFoundry, which got clobbered yesterday once already ....

-- 
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco