Subject: Re: Proposed change to Lists page

From: Michael Fuhr <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 20:56:47 -0600

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 07:53:43PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Based on a lot of annoying bounces on the lists I maintain, I'd like to add 
> the following text to http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/
>
> "Please do not subscribe to mailing lists using e-mail accounts protected by 
> "Junker" or other e-mail-back anti-spam systems.   These are extremely 
> annoying to the list maintainers, and you will be automatically 
> unsubscribed."

For the past week I've been receiving autoreplies from
[email-masked] in response to posts on pgsql-general and
pgsql-sql.  My mail filters are automatically deleting these messages
but they might be annoying to others.  In accordance with the above
policy, how should we nominate somebody to be unsubscribed?

-- 
Michael Fuhr

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 23:52:12 -0400

> policy, how should we nominate somebody to be unsubscribed?

The usual procedure is that you let Marc (scrappy at hub dot org) know
about it, and the offender will be summarily unsubscribed.  Autoreplies
to list traffic are considered sufficient grounds for ejection around
here.  Personally, I might cut people a break for a misconfigured
"vacation" program, on the expectation that the annoyance is temporary
... but don't *ever* send me a prove-you-aren't-spam challenge in
response to mail from a list you subscribed to.

(BTW, right at the moment Marc is on vacation, so don't expect super
fast response...)

			regards, tom lane

---

From: "Greg Sabino Mullane" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 04:13:10 -0000

> policy, how should we nominate somebody to be unsubscribed?

They have been unsubscribed from pgsql-general.

- --
Greg Sabino Mullane [email-masked]
PGP Key: 0x14964AC8 200509180012
http://biglumber.com/x/web?pk=2529DF6AB8F79407E94445B4BC9B906714964AC8

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 14:58:02 -0300 (ADT)

You just did, and they are gone ... :)

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005, Michael Fuhr wrote:

> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 3: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?
>
>               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq
>

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664