Subject: Wanted: Volunteer web developer for small project on www.postgresql.org

From: "Dave Page" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 21:07:48 +0100

Hi all,

Thought I'd throw this out to the list - we're finding that the web
forms on www.postgresql.org are suffering more and more from the effects
of spam-bots which are inundating us with junk submissions. I think the
simplest solution would be to add a confirmation stage to all submission
forms that asks the user to enter a code from an image, much as many
blogs and other sites do.

So, if anyone has been looking for a small project, and would like to
investigate further and implement a solution, we'd love to hear from
you!

Regards, Dave.

---

From: "Gevik babakhani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 23:00:44 +0200

Dave,

Perhaps I can be of help as I am waiting for Gavin to update the
framework.org.

What do you think about having to type a random word generated in an image
before being able to submit anything?

Regards,
Gevik.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:pgsql-www-
> [email-masked]] On Behalf Of Dave Page
> Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 10:08 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [pgsql-www] Wanted: Volunteer web developer for small project on
> www.postgresql.org
> 
> Hi all,
> 
> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 9: In versions below 8.0, the planner will ignore your desire to
>        choose an index scan if your joining column's datatypes do not
>        match

---

From: "Gavin M. Roy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 15:32:06 -0700

http://sourceforge.net/projects/session-captcha/ is a GD based HIV  
app I wrote in PHP and PostgreSQL a few years back.  Could be of some  
use with some modification.

Gavin

On Sep 28, 2005, at 2:00 PM, Gevik babakhani wrote:

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster
>

Gavin M. Roy
800 Pound Gorilla
[email-masked]

---

From: "Gevik babakhani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 00:39:14 +0200

Thanx Gavin, I will check the script :)

> [email-masked]] On Behalf Of Gavin M. Roy
> Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 12:32 AM
> To: Gevik babakhani
> Cc: 'Dave Page'; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] Wanted: Volunteer web developer for small project
> on www.postgresql.org
>