Subject: Re: Lost patches email

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 14:06:05 -0300 (ADT)

On Sat, 8 Oct 2005, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>
>> Actually, I suspect that won't work anyway, since now its a duplicate of
>> one that was already processed, which is why it would fail ...
>>
>> We'll have to keep a close eye on this for the next one you know didn't go
>> through, and I'm waiting for details from the developers on how I can
>> improve reporting without filling up the file system with debug messages
>> :(
>
> OK, the repost went through.  Seems somehow the original email did not
> get processed, and my bounces are automatically deleted, but a new email
> worked.  Strange.

According to our end, your original did get processed, but failed ... the 
problem is, there are no details (that I can find) on *why* it failed ... 
that is what I sent out to the developers, how to determine why it failed 
without having to turn debug logging *way* up :(

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 13:39:39 -0400 (EDT)

> without having to turn debug logging *way* up :(

So you do see a failure on your end, but no specification?

-- 
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us
  [email-masked]               |  (610) 359-1001
  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 16:58:19 -0300 (ADT)

> So you do see a failure on your end, but no specification?

This is correct ... one of the 'rules' appears to be being triggered, but 
the system either doesn't record *which* rules (based on default debugging 
level), or I can't find where its recorded ... which is why I've sent a 
note to the mj developers ...

----