Subject: Re: Borg Issue

From: "Magnus Hagander" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 19:52:44 +0200

> I'm at the data center and noticed the error light is 
> blinking on the 2nd drive in the RAID array.  I should 
> probably take it down and run the raid tool to see what's up 
> with it.  Just wanted to get a quick response as to what the 
> implications of doing so are.

Uh, you can do that without taking it offline, right?

If it goes offline, we lose wwwmaster.postgresql.org. Which pretty much
means that anybody hitting download links on our website will get a
timeout until it's back up. 

//Magnus

---

From: "Gavin M. Roy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 10:55:52 -0700 (PDT)

I don't think Dell makes raid utils for FreeBSD, but i'll look. 
Controlled downtime is better than uncontrolled imo, and of course no down
time is better.  :)

Gavin