Subject: GreyListing ...

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 16:10:11 -0300 (ADT)

Thanks to a bug that JD put into my head a couple of weeks ago, I've setup 
a greylisting daemon to use for email purposes ... I've been running it on 
my own domain for the past couple of days, and am planning on adding it 
onto the mailing list vServer later tonight ...

For those that don't know what greylisting is, check out 
http://www.greylisting.org ...

As an FYI, this replaces the use of the various black-hole lists that we 
were using up until ... a couple of weeks ago ...

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 11:46:39 -0700

Marc,

> onto the mailing list vServer later tonight ...

This may be just me, but all of my mailing list subscriptions have been frozen 
(i.e. no messages) since around 9pm PDT last night.  I think greylisting has 
problems ...

-- 
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 16:59:43 -0300 (ADT)

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005, Josh Berkus wrote:

> This may be just me, but all of my mailing list subscriptions have been 
> frozen (i.e. no messages) since around 9pm PDT last night.  I think 
> greylisting has problems ...

'k, I disabled this around midnight ADT (~8pm your time,I believe) ... and 
messages seem to be flowing properly now ...

Sine this one from you did get through, please confirm thta things are 
okay for you now too?

----

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 13:30:36 -0700

Marc,

> 'k, I disabled this around midnight ADT (~8pm your time,I believe) ...
> and messages seem to be flowing properly now ...
>

Nope.  I'm getting personal mail @postgresql.org, and am getting listmail 
from pgFoundry, but am not getting any pgsql-* list mail.

--Josh

-- 
__Aglio Database Solutions_______________
Josh Berkus		       Consultant
[email-masked]	 www.agliodbs.com
Ph: 415-752-2500	Fax: 415-752-2387
2166 Hayes Suite 200	San Francisco, CA

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 20:53:15 -0300 (ADT)

> from pgFoundry, but am not getting any pgsql-* list mail.

Fixed ... or should be ... let me know if you *still* aren't seeing 
anything ...

----