Subject: info about regional mailing lists

From: Oleg Bartunov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 21:38:15 +0400 (MSD)

Hi there,

there is no information about how to subscribe to regional mailing lists,
for example 'pgsql-ru-general'. Any chance it will be added to
http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/subscribe

 	Regards,
 		Oleg
_____________________________________________________________
Oleg Bartunov, sci.researcher, hostmaster of AstroNet,
Sternberg Astronomical Institute, Moscow University (Russia)
Internet: [email-masked], http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:26:01 -0400

> http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/subscribe

The problem is that not all of the regional lists are hosted through 
postgresql.org, so for some it would be tricky to make this work.  I think 
that's why we link to an archive patch for each of those lists, which then 
have instructions for how to subscribe to each list.  

We could add the postgresql.org lists to the subscribe page though that might 
be more disruptive since some lists would be missing. If we did I could 
foresee the user groups wanting to be added as well, though that starts to 
feel like being more clutter than helpful, especially since all of these 
lists would not be helpful to most people. Anyone else feel strongly that we 
need to add them?

-- 
Robert Treat
Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

---

From: Oleg Bartunov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 19:42:34 +0400 (MSD)

> have instructions for how to subscribe to each list.

I see your arguments, but what's wrong to add those mailing lists which are
hosted through  postgresql.org and/or add link to page with information
about other lists.

> lists would not be helpful to most people. Anyone else feel strongly that we

Just  specify directly that this page is for postgresql.org lists and
for other lists see separate page.

 	Regards,
 		Oleg

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 00:21:19 -0400

> http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/subscribe

Added the postgresql hosted regional mailing lists. Should appear in next site 
build.