Subject: Runaway zope on svr2?

From: "Magnus Hagander" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 20:10:27 +0100

There is a zope process running there at about 90% CPU usage, which
appears to have been pegged there for quite a whlie - it's used up 7500
hours of CPU time since Oct 24th. Somebody who knows about that one
mshould probably look into that one ASAP :-)

It's used for techdocsl, but it certainly shouldn't look like that...

//Magnus

---

From: Robert Bernier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:50:30 -0500

> It's used for techdocsl, but it certainly shouldn't look like that...

I think I have this wrong but wasn't there a php exploit recently reported that affected zope? Can somebody clarify this?

cheers

Robert

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 00:31:31 -0400 (AST)

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005, Robert Bernier wrote:

> I think I have this wrong but wasn't there a php exploit recently 
> reported that affected zope? Can somebody clarify this?

Details ... you do know that Zope is Python, not PHP, right?  I'd *really* 
love to see that exploit though :)

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664