Subject: Empty main page on two www.postgresql.org servers

From: Michael Fuhr <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:04:59 -0700

Two of the www.postgresql.org servers currently (Mon 21 Nov 18:00 UTC)
display nothing but "The news database server is currently down" on
the main page.  The DNS records I'm getting are:

www.postgresql.org.     17553   IN      CNAME   static.mirrors.postgresql.org.
static.mirrors.postgresql.org. 453 IN   A       212.247.200.180
static.mirrors.postgresql.org. 453 IN   A       217.20.119.91
static.mirrors.postgresql.org. 453 IN   A       66.98.251.159
static.mirrors.postgresql.org. 453 IN   A       80.179.151.210

The two showing an essentially empty main page are 217.20.119.91
and 66.98.251.159.

-- 
Michael Fuhr

---

From: "Magnus Hagander" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 09:07:37 +0100

> Odd thing is, yours seems to have come in nice and quick ...

I noticed. Probably the graylisting? The combination of my sender MXes
and the -www receiver should all bne in whitelist by now I think -
probably not Michaels.

> Ah well, I've been doing some mods to the server to fix 
> issues that were really prominent with -general and -announce 
> ... still some work to do, but some posts that went through 
> -announce this aft seemed to travel
> *alot* faster then before the changes, so I've extended the 
> change to the rest of the lists ...

Sounds good!

//Magnus