Subject: OraToPG

From: Steve Woodcock <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 16:33:47 +0100

I just came across OraToPG "a tool that helps to migrate Oracle
databases to PostgreSQL. It focuses on SQL statements and, in
particular, code written in Oracle's procedural language PL/SQL(TM)":

  http://rose.inf.unibz.it/~boehlen/cospa/index.html
  http://rose.inf.unibz.it/~boehlen/cospa/OraToPG/descr.html

and there's a demo here:

  http://rose.inf.unibz.it/~boehlen/cospa/OraToPG/translate.cgi

via a link from a Groklaw piece about Linux desktop migration:

  http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=2005102011342691

Looks pretty handy, should this be linked from the web site somewhere?

Cheers, Steve Woodcock

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 00:03:55 -0500 (EST)

Can the oratopg and the inftopg links be place on the techdocs web site
please?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steve Woodcock wrote:
> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 4: Have you searched our list archives?
> 
>                http://archives.postgresql.org
> 

-- 
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us
  [email-masked]               |  (610) 359-1001
  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073