Subject: Change in policy on News?

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 10:04:57 -0800

Folks,

When we last discussed "policy" for front-page news items, this was the 
general terms:

1) Commercial Software gets 1 news item, ever, preferably when they 
introduce PostgreSQL support.

2) OSS Projects supporting PG get an announcement every major version, 
but NOT for minor releases.

3) "Inside" projects (like PGAdmin & PostGIS) get an news item whenever 
they have something new.

Lately, someone has been approving every single announcement from AM 
software, giving them a front-page news item every 2-3 weeks, frequently 
for patch releases.   What gives?

http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.444
http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.433
http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.453

--Josh

---

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 10:30:23 -0800

> http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.453

Can we get this put somewhere? A wiki? Something documented?

Joshua D. Drake

P.S. It wasn't I that approved it.

> 
> --Josh
> 
> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

-- 
The PostgreSQL Company - Command Prompt, Inc. 1.503.667.4564
PostgreSQL Replication, Consulting, Custom Development, 24x7 support
Managed Services, Shared and Dedicated Hosting
Co-Authors: plPHP, plPerlNG - http://www.commandprompt.com/