Subject: Bittorrent downloads broken

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 01:02:43 +0100

I'm on this page <http://www.postgresql.org/download/btlist>, click on 
any of the torrent links, it redirects me back to 
<http://www.postgresql.org/download/>.  Not very useful.

-- 
Peter Eisentraut
http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 20:44:32 -0400 (AST)

I don't know anything about bittorrent, but the processes appear to be 
running on the server ...

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend
>

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 23:11:24 -0500

This looks like a problem on bt.postgresql.org... all of its traffic seems to 
be redirecting to the downloads page. Perhaps a bad re-write rule someplace? 
Where does the bt subdomain live?

-- 
Robert Treat
Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 00:31:31 -0400 (AST)

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Robert Treat wrote:

> This looks like a problem on bt.postgresql.org... all of its traffic 
> seems to be redirecting to the downloads page. Perhaps a bad re-write 
> rule someplace? Where does the bt subdomain live?

on a vserver ... its running a fairly old version of bittorrent .... does 
anyone know anything about it, though, to give an idea on how to debug 
this?

----

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 00:36:45 -0400 (AST)

'k, further looking ... the torrents on wwwmaster haven't been updated, 
and, for instance, the 8.0.4 binaries no longer exist, so bt is programmed 
to send you back to www.postgresql.org/download *if* the torrent  you are 
trying to access doesn't exist ...

wwwmaster needs to have its torrent link's updated to reflect the changes 
... I believe Devrim's cleaning up of the binaries is what is causing the 
confusion, since the 'missing ones' that I'm trying to download are the 
old versions taht he moved out the other week ...

----