Subject: Re: new survey idea

From: "Magnus Hagander" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 10:11:44 +0100

> > But seriously. Crystal comes in two flavours, I think? One client 
> > based (that sucks beyond recognition, and can be compared 
> to access) 
> > and one server based (that I don't know the suckage factor of, but 
> > that I guess you're referring to).
> 
> Yeah, there is a now a server based version but I've never 
> used it. The client version is slightly strange I grant you, 
> but is actually very powerful when you get the hang of it.

Oh, I hope it's good from a developer perspective, since so many ppl use
it.

It's a complete nightmare from a sysadmin perspective (in a larger
environment), though. Especialliy when you have to deal with a lot of
incompatible different versions (heard of DLL hell? This is a lot
worse..)

//Magnus

---

From: Tino Wildenhain <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 10:40:54 +0100

Magnus Hagander schrieb:
...
> Oh, I hope it's good from a developer perspective, since so many ppl use

*hahaha* if "so many ppl use it" would be sufficient as a quality
indicator, then mySQL would be the best database in the world .-)

SCNR ;)