Subject: About Buffer Flushing Function

From: 王宝兵 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 16:41:40 +0800

I'm now participating in a PG project.I need to modify some parts of the 

Log buffer flushing function and the data buffer flushing function.I don't 

Know where they are. 

Could you tell me where the following two functions are: 

--Log Buffer Flush:Only flush the dirty log buffer into the disk,not 

Including the database data.(Is it XLogFlush in xlog.c?) 

--Data Buffer Flush:Only flush the dirty database data(items) into the disk 

Not including the log buffer. 

I'm now in urgent need of your help. 

Thank you in advance! 

Charlie Wang

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 15:43:21 -0500

> I'm now in urgent need of your help.

If you're going to hack postgresql, you need to join pgsql-hackers mailing 
list and send these types of questions there. Also please review the 
following:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_DEV.html
http://www.postgresql.org/developer/

-- 
Robert Treat
Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL