Subject: Re: Meeting at the conference

From: "Magnus Hagander" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 14:10:14 +0200

> > - I'd like to have a *written* policy about the news and 
> event items.
> > When someone wants to step up the plate with us, we should 
> be able to 
> > point that guy about our policies.
> 
> Yup

Per IM discussion, this of course means that Devrim just volounteered to
write a proposal ;-)

> > - I'd like to drink beer after the meeting.
> 
> Definitely.

Ok. That decides it, now I'm definitly coming to this talk.

> > - I'd like to see the captcha for the comment (and possibly 
> also for 
> > news and event) submissions
> 
> Well, that was implemented and demonstrated very recently by 
> Travis, based on Geviks work. There were accessibilty 
> problems which were discussed and iirc, it seems like more 
> hassle to implement an accessible captcha system than to just 
> delete the few spam comments we get each day.

Might want to talk about what we can do about the spam submissions in
general, perhaps, rather than focusing on just that.

> > That's what I have in my mind now.
> 
> Thanks - I'll compile an agenda based on this and any other 
> comments we get.

Where did the bugtracker discussion go?! ;-)

Do we want this to be specificallyi website, or "server systems in
general". If it's servers in general, I propose adding something about
settnig up a more common structure of how to maintain the machines -
different machines are handled in different ways now in too many ways,
imho.

If just web, well. Perhaps something about enhancing the download
system, and the future of the bittorrent stuff.

//Magnus

---

From: Devrim GUNDUZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 15:41:32 +0300

Hi Magnus,

> different machines are handled in different ways now in too many ways,

Server systems in general...

Regards,
-- 
The PostgreSQL Company - Command Prompt, Inc. 1.503.667.4564
PostgreSQL Replication, Consulting, Custom Development, 24x7 support
Managed Services, Shared and Dedicated Hosting
Co-Authors: PL/php, plPerlNG - http://www.commandprompt.com/

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 09:44:00 -0400

> Per IM discussion, this of course means that Devrim just volounteered to

You know, I might want to argue against the idea of having written policies. 
We don't have written policies for any other part of this project (the whole 
project I mean, not just www), but instead kind of feel our way through 
things.  (Hmm.. suddenly I have the notion to stab my hand with a fork). 
Well, I guess the only point is that I hate to get bogged down in rules and 
regulations on things, so if we keep them in the spirit of general guidelines 
that the web community can change or ignore at any time it might be ok.   

> Ok. That decides it, now I'm definitly coming to this talk.

So there will be no beer *at* the meeting?  Hmm...

> general, perhaps, rather than focusing on just that.

Agreed. 

> Where did the bugtracker discussion go?! ;-)

I have a desire to do "bug capturing", which is a little different.  This 
would be a good thing for the community at large to participate in wrt the 
web team, but really the implementation details have never really been the 
problem in this discussion. 

> system, and the future of the bittorrent stuff.

I have a todo list of a bunch of different things but no time to work on, I 
guess if we need to fill up things I can break out with some of those items. 
(An example?  What ever happened to setting up the doxygen stuff?)

-- 
Robert Treat
Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 12:51:46 -0300 (ADT)

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Robert Treat wrote:

> I have a todo list of a bunch of different things but no time to work 
> on, I guess if we need to fill up things I can break out with some of 
> those items. (An example?  What ever happened to setting up the doxygen 
> stuff?)

Its on my TODO list ... I'm moving postgresql.org to the new 64bit server 
the night of the 29th, and will be doing the doxygen stuff shortly 
afterwards ...

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 14:09:35 -0400

> the night of the 29th, and will be doing the doxygen stuff shortly

Cool!  :-)